Chancellor Olaf Scholz spoke for 51 minutes without a manuscript to the 600 delegates at the SPD party conference in Berlin ... Show more
Quick Glance: Scholz: No Reduction of the Welfare State
- Chancellor Scholz emphasizes the unity of the SPD at the federal party conference.
- He assures that the budget crisis will not lead to a reduction of the welfare state.
- Scholz speaks before 600 delegates on the second day of the conference in Berlin.
- He counters the growing right-wing populism with confidence.
Yeah, this checks out. #Bitcoin
Quick Glance: Top Investment Picks 2024: India and Bitcoin
- My two strongest conviction 'screaming buys' for 2024 are India and Bitcoin, both manifestations of the rise of the Internet.
- First up is India and the 'new' cohort of leading emerging markets.
- Looking beyond China, the three rising emerging market countries are India, Brazil and Saudi Arabia.
- India's rapid digitization, thriving equity market, and demographic trends will create compelling investment opportunities that we believe investors should be exploring.
The Carinthian fought for second place with a strong second round and only lagged behind the Swiss Marco Odermatt. #orfsport #orfsportaktuell
Quick Glance: Alpine Skiing: Odermatt Wins in Val d'Isere
- Swiss superstar Marco Odermatt wins giant slalom ahead of Marco Schwarz.
- Debutant Noel Zwischenbrugger surprises with 13th place as replacement for Joshua Sturm.
- Odermatt achieves 25th World Cup victory, 15th in giant slalom, with a significant lead.
- Noel Zwischenbrugger earns valuable points in debut race, finishing just behind Schwarz.
Quick Glance: ETH Zurich's Expansion in Germany with Lidl Billionaire Funding
- ETH plans artificial intelligence site in Heilbronn.
- Creation of six professorships in Zurich.
- Long-term partnership with the Dieter Schwarz Foundation.
- Twenty professorships planned, six in Zurich and the remaining in Heilbronn on the education campus.
Quick Glance: Survey: German Economists' Views on Debt Brake
- German economists are divided on the debt brake: Half support retention, while the other half favors reform or abolition.
- German economists hold diverse views on the debt brake, reflecting a strong interest in potential reforms.
- A large majority of economists support the retention of the debt brake, while a significant portion favors reforms or abolition.
- The diversity of opinions among economists regarding the debt brake reflects a wide range of arguments for and against its retention.
Quick Glance: Hunter Biden Indicted on 9 Tax Offenses
- Court documents reveal: Hunter Biden indicted on nine tax offenses, including three felony counts.
- Charges include allegations of failure to pay taxes, failure to file tax returns, evasion of assessments, and submission of fraudulent forms.
- Indictment claims defendant spent millions on an extravagant lifestyle instead of paying taxes. Charges brought by special counsel David Weiss.
- White House declined to comment, referred NBC News to Hunter Biden's attorneys and the Justice Department.
Quick Glance: Switzerland: Army Investment and Fiscal Responsibility
- F-35 procurement is the first step in rebuilding the army.
- Switzerland must modernize its remaining 134 tanks by 2030.
- Military spending as a percentage of GDP decreased from 1.6% to 0.6%.
- Debates on increasing military spending and timeline for achieving it by 2030 or 2035.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!