Is RTE.ie a reliable source?
This is how independent third parties assess the credibility and media bias of this source.
RTE.ie scores a total of 26 Plus Points and 4 Minus Points in our evaluation of journalistic quality.
This corresponds to a score of 78* resp. the grade B+ (good).
*: (26 + 5 BP) * 100 / (26 + 5 BP + 4 + 5 BP)
The breakdown of the points follows below.
This corresponds to a score of 78* resp. the grade B+ (good).
|very good||A+||> 89|
|A||89 - 84|
|A-||83 - 79|
|good||B+||78 - 74|
|B||73 - 69|
|B-||68 - 63|
|satisfactory||C+||62 - 58|
|C||57 - 53|
|C-||52 - 47|
|sufficient||D+||46 - 44|
|D||43 - 40|
|D-||39 - 37|
|poor||E+||36 - 33|
|E||32 - 30|
|E-||29 - 26|
The breakdown of the points follows below.
News from reputable sources that might interest you
Quick Glance: Usher to Headline Super Bowl Halftime Show 2024 in Las Vegas
- Usher will headline the Super Bowl Halftime Show in Las Vegas.
- The NFL, Apple Music, and Roc Nation announced Usher's participation in the halftime festivities on February 11 at Allegiant Stadium.
- The Grammy winner is excited to perform on the NFL's biggest stage.
- Usher will join a list of celebrated musicians including Beyoncé, Madonna, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Coldplay, Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, U2, Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson, and Katy Perry.
In the mayoral runoff election in Nordhausen, the independent incumbent Kai Buchmann surprisingly prevailed against ...
Quick Glance: First AfD Mayor in Nordhausen? Decision in Thuringia
- AfD candidate running for mayor in Nordhausen's runoff election
- Potential first AfD mayor nationwide
- AfD classified as right-wing extremist and under surveillance in Thuringia
- Received 42.1% of the votes in the first round of elections
Quick Glance: Nasa celebrates successful rescue mission: Asteroid sample reaches military base
- Capsule with most dangerous asteroid material safely landed in Utah desert
- Scientists hope samples will help explain the origin of life on Earth
- Contents of the capsule will be inspected under sterile conditions
- Researchers from around the world can request samples to support future generations
Quick Glance: Taylor Swift Spotted in Travis Kelce's Suite at Arrowhead Stadium
- After thrilling fans with sold-out concerts at GEHA Field this summer, Taylor Swift returned to Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday.
- This time, Swift was cheering on the Chiefs.
- Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce confirmed on Thursday that he had been in contact with Swift.
- Cameras caught her next to Kelce's mother, Donna.
Quick Glance: Lawsuit filed against Texas officials over Black student's suspension for hairstyle
- Darryl George, 17, has been under in-school suspension at Barbers Hill High School in Mont Belvieu since Aug. 31.
- School officials claim his dreadlocks violate the district's dress code by falling below his eyebrows and ear lobes.
- The lawsuit, filed by Darryl George's mother in Houston federal court, is the latest legal action related to the suspension.
- The school district has filed its own lawsuit in state court to clarify the compliance of its dress code restrictions with the CROWN Act.
Quick Glance: Trump blames Biden's 'ridiculous all-electric car hoax' for UAW strike
- Former President Trump criticizes Biden administration's electric vehicle policy, claiming that the president's 'ridiculous all-electric car hoax' is responsible for the United Auto Workers strike against major automakers.
- Republicans attribute the strike to Biden administration's EV policy, stating that efforts to encourage electric vehicle production have displaced jobs from UAW strongholds in the Midwest and weakened the union.
- The UAW shares similar concerns, citing EV policy as the main reason for not endorsing Biden's reelection campaign yet.
- However, UAW President Shawn Fain stated that the union will never endorse Trump.
Quick Glance: Macron to Withdraw Military Presence and Recall Ambassador from Niger After Coup
- France has stationed around 1,500 troops in Niger since the July coup and has refused to comply with the new junta's order to remove its ambassador.
- Macron spoke with ousted President Mohamed Bazoum and informed him that France has decided to recall its ambassador. The ambassador and several diplomats will return to France in the coming hours.
- France will also end its military cooperation with the Niger authorities. The troops will be gradually withdrawn, likely by the end of the year.
- France's military presence in Niger was in response to a request from the Niger government at the time.
Quick Glance: Republicans urge hardline holdouts to avoid government shutdown
- Allies of Speaker Kevin McCarthy are urging their Republican colleagues to drop hardline tactics and work together to approve a conservative spending plan to prevent a federal shutdown.
- They are pleading with right-flank holdouts to resist further disruptions and support McCarthy's plan to keep the government open before the Sept. 30 deadline.
- Republicans stress the importance of avoiding a government shutdown.
- The focus now is on finding a stopgap measure to keep the government open for about a month while work continues.
Quick Glance: 'Game of Thrones' Creator Files Copyright Lawsuit Against OpenAI, Maker of ChatGPT
- 17 authors, including John Grisham and George R.R. Martin, sue OpenAI for systematic theft of copyrighted works.
- The Authors Guild organized the lawsuit, which also includes David Baldacci, Sylvia Day, Jonathan Franzen, and Elin Hilderbrand.
- Authors demand control over how their works are used by generative AI.
- OpenAI emphasizes respect for authors' rights and productive discussions to address their concerns.
Pressure grows on Bob Menendez to resign from Senate after indictment: Menendez has refused to resign and said Friday he is "not going anywhere."
DEVON ACHANE SCORES A 67-YARD TOUCHDOWN THE #DOLPHINS NOW HAVE 70 POINTS.
Quick Glance: Hyde10: Dolphins' Win over Broncos - Recap
- The Dolphins defense caused three turnovers and scored two touchdowns.
- Tagovailoa completed 23 of 26 passes for 309 yards and four touchdowns.
- Hill scored a 54-yard touchdown on the third play of the game.
- The running game was impressive with 43 carries for 350 yards.
Quick Glance: McCarthy urges Sen. Bob Menendez to resign following 'very damaging' indictment
- McCarthy joins the calls from many Democrats, including Congressional colleagues and state officials, for Menendez to resign.
- Menendez was indicted on Friday after he and his wife, Nadine Arslanian, allegedly accepted over $600,000 in bribes from a group of New Jersey businessmen on behalf of interests in Egypt.
- In response to the indictment and calls for him to resign, Menendez said 'he is not going anywhere,' going as far as to say that he is the victim of an active 'smear campaign.'
- This is not the first time that Menendez has faced corruption charges.
The Last Generation wants to block the route of the Berlin Marathon ...
Quick Glance: Disruption Attempt Prevented Before Berlin Marathon
- Nearly 48,000 participants in Berlin Marathon, Eliud Kipchoge starts
- Activists attempt to access the route before the start
- Disruption attempt before the 49th Berlin Marathon thwarted
- Start signal given without a gunshot, but with a buzzer
Minutes after Ohio State's 17-14 win against Notre Dame ...
'I'd like to know where Lou Holtz is'
Quick Glance: Ohio State showcases toughness after Notre Dame victory
- Ryan Day responds to Lou Holtz's comments after the game against Notre Dame.
- Day emphasizes Ohio State's physical strength and pride in representing Ohio.
- The victory against Notre Dame is a significant achievement for the program and for Ohio State.
In the debate about the number of refugees, SPD leader Lars Klingbeil warns ...
Dispute over immigration
Quick Glance: Klingbeil warns against populism in immigration debate
- Klingbeil advocates for faster asylum procedures benefiting foreign professionals.
- Klingbeil opposes supposed quick fixes for irregular migration.
Quick Glance: Lauren Boebert Apologizes for Disruptive Behavior at 'Beetlejuice' Musical
- Apology from Lauren Boebert after disruptive behavior and false denial of vaping
- Surveillance video shows Boebert vaping in the theater
- Boebert and another guest were kicked out of the musical for causing a disturbance
- Boebert admits to laughing and singing too loud during the performance
Live updates, tweets, photos, analysis and more from the Denver Broncos' ...
How it Happened
Quick Glance: Broncos Fall to Dolphins 70-20 in NFL Week 3
- Broncos suffer third consecutive loss to Dolphins
- Miami leads 35-13 at halftime
- Raheem Mostert scores a touchdown against the Broncos
- Devon Achane scores a touchdown for Miami
Quick Glance: Israeli citizens may travel to US without visa: Details
- US officials plan to announce Israel's entry into the Visa Waiver Program later this week.
- Israel's admission into the program has been a long-standing goal for Israeli leaders and will be a major accomplishment for Netanyahu.
- The US move will give Netanyahu a welcome boost at home.
- Israel has met two of the three critical criteria to join the US program over the past two years.
Quick Glance: Dallas Mayor Joins GOP, Criticizes Democratic Policies
- Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson announced his party switch and will now serve as a Republican-affiliated mayor in the blue-leaning city.
- In a Wall Street Journal op-ed, he criticized his former party for 'exacerbated crime and homelessness'. 'The future of America’s great urban centers depends on the willingness of the nation’s mayors to champion law and order and practice fiscal conservatism,' Johnson wrote.
- President Joe Biden won Dallas County by over 30 points in the 2020 election.
- The Texas Democratic Party issued a scathing statement, accusing Johnson of being dishonest with Dallas voters.
Quick Glance: Free COVID Tests by Mail Starting Monday
- California-based iHealth is among 12 US manufacturers receiving government investment to offer free tests by mail before the winter COVID season.
- Starting Monday, September 25, the government will send up to four free COVID-19 rapid tests per household to those who request them.
- Many programs that provided free COVID testing, treatment, and vaccinations to Americans ended when the pandemic emergency designation expired.
- The Department of Health and Human Services is now investing $600 million in COVID test manufacturing through its Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response.
Quick Glance: Fatal Bull Attack at Spanish Festival
- A 61-year-old man was attacked by a bull during the festival in Pobla de Farnals in Valencia.
- Deaths and injuries during bull-running events in Spain are common.
- Hundreds of such events take place every year in Spain, where bulls are released on the streets and people run ahead of them.
- Animal rights groups have long criticized the dangers for the public and the animals.
Several municipalities have drawn attention to the intolerable migration situation with ...
Quick Glance: Merz Offers Scholz Help in Refugee Policy
- Merz urges Scholz for joint handling of the refugee crisis.
- Merz holds Scholz personally accountable for resolving the refugee crisis.
- Merz criticizes the Ampel coalition, similar to Söder's party speech.
Quick Glance: Ohio State Shocks Notre Dame: College Football World in Turmoil
- Rarely has a regular-season game received as much hype as Ohio State and Notre Dame's matchup on Saturday evening.
- Criticism was directed at Notre Dame's coaching in the closing minutes.
- Ohio State observers praised the Buckeyes' defense.
- The Fighting Irish's significant lack of success against the Buckeyes was noted.
Despite playing a more elite foe, the Sun Devils increased their offensive production from 230 yards in last week's 29-0 loss to Fresno State to 353 yards ... Show more
Home: USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos ...
Kaizer Chiefs coach Molefi Ntseki feels his side did more than enough to book their ...
‘It’s very clear it was a penalty’
Quick Glance: Chiefs Coach Feels Robbed by Referee
- Chiefs coach Ntseki believes his team did enough to reach the MTN8 final and that the controversial late penalty decision deprived Amakhosi of that outcome against Mamelodi Sundowns.
- Sundowns striker Peter Shalulile scored a first-half brace, while Ashley Du Preez's penalty was just a consolation for the Glamour Boys.
- Ntseki emphasizes that they should have been awarded a penalty and it would have resulted in a 2-2 draw.
- Another major setback for Chiefs was conceding both goals in the first half.
Quick Glance: First Black Woman Leads State Military - Here's How It Happened
- Maj. Gen. Janeen Birckhead serves as Maryland's 31st adjutant general and is the only Black woman leading a state military in the U.S.
- When applying to colleges, Birckhead and her mother exhausted all options to cover her tuition.
- A military career never crossed Birckhead's mind.
- Her record proves her readiness to serve in the highest-ranking military position in the state of Maryland.
Quick Glance: Police surround 30 armed individuals after shooting of officer
- Prime Minister Kurti urges armed individuals near Serbian border to surrender.
- Kosovo police report exchange of fire with armed individuals in uniforms.
- Kurti describes the armed individuals as "professionals with military and police background".
- Armed individuals storm monastery in village where pilgrims from Novi Sad are staying.
Quick Glance: The Powerful Impact of Donald Trump's Absence
- Donald Trump's absence from the Republican presidential debates in August had a strong influence.
- A character you don't see can make a bigger impression than those you do.
- In the first debate, Mike Pence referred to Mr. Trump as someone who is probably looking on.
- Even on debate nights, Donald Trump is not truly offstage.
Leak suggests the oil and gas tycoon and his ex-wife Dasha Zhukova amassed ...
‘You could fill a museum with it’
Quick Glance: Dispute over Abramovich's Private Collection: Artworks Amidst War Fog
- Abramovich attempts to protect art collection from sanctions
- Legal maneuvers employed prior to Russian invasion of Ukraine
Quick Glance: Biden's Sole Leadership as the UN Declines
- Power shifting towards smaller groups
- Gridlock in Manhattan as leaders gather for the UN General Assembly in September
- Increased freedom for Biden to navigate the turning point in world history
- Absence of certain countries highlights the UN's problems: paralyzed by the Ukraine war, rivalry between America and China, and the outdated Security Council
Quick Glance: Incompetent Members Appointed to Johannesburg Property Company
- Nomoya Mnisi is responsible for the Johannesburg Property Company.
- A cashier, a receptionist, and a person without matric have been appointed to the board of the Johannesburg Property Company (JPC).
- The JPC board was appointed by her.
- The CEO reports to the board, which reports quarterly to the mayoral committee member - in this case, Mnisi.
Media Bias/Fact Check19 +, 1 -
Media Bias/Fact Check (MBFC) is an American fact-checking website founded in 2015. It uses a 0-10 scale to rate sites on two areas: bias and factual accuracy. A source rated by MBFC with minimal bias gets 10 plus points. Maximum bias gets 10 minus points. The same principle applies to factual accuracy.
- "Least Biased"
Studies7 +, 3 -
Most scientific publications, though not all, rely on some form of peer review or editorial review to qualify texts for publication. Sources mentioned in studies which rate media quality and/or reliability receive between 10 plus and 10 minus points.
Wikipedia's reliability was often criticized in the 2000s but has improved over time; in the late 2010s and early 2020s, it was universally praised. Any positive mention of a source in the extract of a Wikipedia page in terms of credibility and quality gets a plus point, and vice versa.
- "ie is the brand name and home of Irish broadcaster Raidió Teilifís Éireann's online activities,"
We primarily use fact-checkers affiliated with the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN). We have linked to the International Fact-Checking Network fact-checkers' code of principles in the headline. For each failed fact-checker there is one minus point.
- There are no failed fact checks to date.
Journalism prizes are awards for excellent journalistic work in the period covered by the call for entries, which is usually one or two years. Sources receive one plus point for each journalistic award won that we track. We currently track up to three prestigious awards per country.
- There are no journalism awards won to date.
Press Council Rulings
Press councils are national institutions of media self-regulation. Press councils have their own defined press code. Reprimands are issued in the event of a violation of the press code (e.g. for truthfulness, diligence, sensationalism, separation of advertising and editorial, personal rights). For each reprimand issued by a national press council, a source receives one minus point.
- There have been no press council rulings against the source to date.
Ad Fontes Media
Ad Fontes Media, Inc. is a media watchdog organization based in Colorado that is best known for its Media Bias Chart, which ranks media sources based on political bias and reliability. We combine their ratings of individual articles and episodes to create a weighted average, with low-rated items increasingly weighted higher.
- Ad Fontes Media rating was not found.
Recommended for you