Quick Glance: Usher to Headline Super Bowl Halftime Show 2024 in Las Vegas
- Usher will headline the Super Bowl Halftime Show in Las Vegas.
- The NFL, Apple Music, and Roc Nation announced Usher's participation in the halftime festivities on February 11 at Allegiant Stadium.
- The Grammy winner is excited to perform on the NFL's biggest stage.
- Usher will join a list of celebrated musicians including Beyoncé, Madonna, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Coldplay, Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, U2, Lady Gaga, Michael Jackson, and Katy Perry.
Quick Glance: Taylor Swift Spotted in Travis Kelce's Suite at Arrowhead Stadium
- After thrilling fans with sold-out concerts at GEHA Field this summer, Taylor Swift returned to Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday.
- This time, Swift was cheering on the Chiefs.
- Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce confirmed on Thursday that he had been in contact with Swift.
- Cameras caught her next to Kelce's mother, Donna.
In the mayoral runoff election in Nordhausen, the independent incumbent Kai Buchmann surprisingly prevailed against ...
Quick Glance: First AfD Mayor in Nordhausen? Decision in Thuringia
- AfD candidate running for mayor in Nordhausen's runoff election
- Potential first AfD mayor nationwide
- AfD classified as right-wing extremist and under surveillance in Thuringia
- Received 42.1% of the votes in the first round of elections
Quick Glance: Wales vs Australia: Rugby World Cup 2023, Group C
- Australia is under pressure after a loss to Fiji.
- A win against Wales is crucial to avoid an early exit from the tournament.
- The results and bonus points gained against Portugal and Georgia will determine the advancing teams.
- Australia has replaced flyhalf Carter Gordon with Ben Donaldson.
Rome is outraged by German financial aid for civilian sea rescuers: ...
Dispute in migration policy
Quick Glance: Italian Defense Minister Criticizes German Financial Aid for Sea Rescuers
- Rome outraged by German financial aid for civilian sea rescuers
- Defense Minister Crosetto expresses sharp criticism of the federal government
Minutes after Ohio State's 17-14 win against Notre Dame ...
'I'd like to know where Lou Holtz is'
Quick Glance: Ohio State showcases toughness after Notre Dame victory
- Ryan Day responds to Lou Holtz's comments after the game against Notre Dame.
- Day emphasizes Ohio State's physical strength and pride in representing Ohio.
- The victory against Notre Dame is a significant achievement for the program and for Ohio State.
Quick Glance: Police surround 30 armed individuals after shooting of officer
- Prime Minister Kurti urges armed individuals near Serbian border to surrender.
- Kosovo police report exchange of fire with armed individuals in uniforms.
- Kurti describes the armed individuals as "professionals with military and police background".
- Armed individuals storm monastery in village where pilgrims from Novi Sad are staying.
Quick Glance: Fatal Bull Attack at Spanish Festival
- A 61-year-old man was attacked by a bull during the festival in Pobla de Farnals in Valencia.
- Deaths and injuries during bull-running events in Spain are common.
- Hundreds of such events take place every year in Spain, where bulls are released on the streets and people run ahead of them.
- Animal rights groups have long criticized the dangers for the public and the animals.
Quick Glance: Ethiopian Assefa Sets New Marathon World Record
- Tigist Assefa sets a new marathon world record in Berlin with a time of 2:11:53 hours.
- She surpasses Brigid Kosgei's previous record by over two minutes.
- Assefa dominates in a super-fast race, showcasing her exceptional performance.
- Assefa previously improved the Berlin course record to 2:15:37 hours last year.
Atmosphere goes through the roof as Ireland post a famous ...
Rugby World Cup
Quick Glance: Rugby World Cup: Ireland's Zombie Army Takes Paris by Storm
- Ireland's green wave conquers Paris, supporting the team against South Africa.
- Even South African fans described the atmosphere as unique.
- How did The Cranberries' anti-IRA song 'Zombie' become a rugby anthem?
- The opportunity is huge, as Ronan O'Gara said.
The Last Generation wants to block the route of the Berlin Marathon ...
Quick Glance: Disruption Attempt Prevented Before Berlin Marathon
- Nearly 48,000 participants in Berlin Marathon, Eliud Kipchoge starts
- Activists attempt to access the route before the start
- Disruption attempt before the 49th Berlin Marathon thwarted
- Start signal given without a gunshot, but with a buzzer
Quick Glance: Ohio State Shocks Notre Dame: College Football World in Turmoil
- Rarely has a regular-season game received as much hype as Ohio State and Notre Dame's matchup on Saturday evening.
- Criticism was directed at Notre Dame's coaching in the closing minutes.
- Ohio State observers praised the Buckeyes' defense.
- The Fighting Irish's significant lack of success against the Buckeyes was noted.
Quick Glance: Incompetent Members Appointed to Johannesburg Property Company
- Nomoya Mnisi is responsible for the Johannesburg Property Company.
- A cashier, a receptionist, and a person without matric have been appointed to the board of the Johannesburg Property Company (JPC).
- The JPC board was appointed by her.
- The CEO reports to the board, which reports quarterly to the mayoral committee member - in this case, Mnisi.
Quick Glance: Lawsuit filed against Texas officials over Black student's suspension for hairstyle
- Darryl George, 17, has been under in-school suspension at Barbers Hill High School in Mont Belvieu since Aug. 31.
- School officials claim his dreadlocks violate the district's dress code by falling below his eyebrows and ear lobes.
- The lawsuit, filed by Darryl George's mother in Houston federal court, is the latest legal action related to the suspension.
- The school district has filed its own lawsuit in state court to clarify the compliance of its dress code restrictions with the CROWN Act.
Russia's 810th Guards Marine Brigade has been fighting in Ukraine since 2014 ...
In fighting in southern Ukraine: Kiev
Quick Glance: Russian Navy Brigade Defeated in Southern Ukraine
- Garde-Marineinfanterie-Brigade shown in the Saporischschja region in spring
- Unit suffers heavy losses
- Force removed from the front in the south of the country due to high casualties
- Chief of Ukrainian military intelligence confirms the annihilation of the brigade
Quick Glance: No. 6 Ohio State has an opportunity to make a strong statement in Saturday night showdown against No. 9 Notre Dame
- Ohio State coach Ryan Day notes, 'The first few games are a preparation to figure out where you stand and move forward from there.'
- We gained some confidence heading into this game.
- The Fighting Irish possess one of the nation's top defenses, limiting opponents to 234.3 yards per game, right behind Ohio State.
- Notre Dame averaged 25 points (94th) and 5.4 yards per play (96th) through the first four games of last season.
With his statement on gender and racist song lyrics, pop singer Heino has caused a stir ...
Fuss about Heino statements
Quick Glance: Controversy Surrounding Heino's Statements - Concert at Risk
- Heino's statements about gendering and racist song lyrics have caused a stir.
- Criticism is not only directed at Heino, but also at Killing, who did not respond appropriately.
Quick Glance: Nic Kerdiles, Savannah Chrisley's Ex, Dies in Motorcycle Accident
- Kerdiles was a former pro hockey player and engaged to Chrisley from 2019 to 2020.
- The former pro hockey player appeared in multiple episodes of the reality series and its spinoff, 'Growing Up Chrisley'.
- Kerdiles reportedly collided with a BMW while riding his Indian Motorcycle down Wheless Street in Nashville.
- He hit the driver's side of the vehicle and was transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where he later died from his injuries.
Oregon head coach Dan Lanning took a shot at Colorado during his pregame speech ...
Quick Glance: Oregon Overpowers Deion Sanders and Colorado's 'Cinderella Story'
- Coach Dan Lanning and the Ducks dominated their home matchup against the Buffs.
- Colorado's Shedeur Sanders took the final snap of the first half under center and kneeled.
- Oregon clearly entered this game with the intention of sending a message.
- The game went into halftime with Oregon leading 35-0.
Quick Glance: NFTs Worthless: New Study Reveals Alarming Results
- A recent study reveals that many NFT collections now have no value.
- Most Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs), a unique asset on the blockchain that cannot be replicated, have no value.
- Even among the 8,850 well-known top NFT collections like CryptoPunks, 18 percent of them now have a $0 floor price, and 41 percent have a value between $5 and $100, indicating a lack of perceived value among these digital assets, according to dappGambl.
- An example of this is MacContract on Ethereum, which has a floor price of $13,234,204.2 but only has a total sales of $18.
Quick Glance: Man buys and releases 30 live fishes into Ghim Moh canal
- A man bought all the live fish in a store and released them into a canal.
- The incident occurred on Thursday morning at 9am near Block 25 Ghim Moh Link.
- After the fishes were released, the man was happy and smiled.
- Releasing fish into canals is not recommended in Singapore as it reduces their chances of survival.
Quick Glance: John Means defeats Guardians in Orioles' victory
- John Means carries a No-Hitter into the seventh inning, Anthony Santander has three hits and two RBIs, and the Baltimore Orioles defeat the Cleveland Guardians 2-1 on Saturday.
- Andres Gimenez scores a solo homerun with two outs in the seventh inning for Cleveland's only hit.
- Means is replaced after recording one out in the eighth inning.
- Baltimore takes an early 1-0 lead as Santander scores an RBI double after the first two batters of the game reach base against Cleveland starter Cal Quantrill (3-7).
Quick Glance: Official urges Ukrainian citizens to temporarily leave Crimea
- Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories, Iryna Vereshchuk, is asking Ukrainians to seek options to leave temporarily occupied Crimea.
- Once again, I am urging Ukrainians to temporarily leave Crimea if possible.
The mood among New Zealanders after the Warriors' 42-12 loss to the Broncos was not to ...
Quick Glance: NRL Grand Final 2023: Broncos vs. Panthers
- Brisbane Broncos defeat New Zealand Warriors 42-12 in the semi-final and will face Penrith Panthers in the 2023 NRL Grand Final.
- Reece Walsh bounces back from a wayward pass and sparks the Broncos with a scintillating first half.
- The Broncos score the match-sealing try after two blatant forward passes that the referee and touch judge somehow missed.
- Marcelo Montoya scores in the corner to give the Warriors a glimmer of hope after the Broncos nearly blew them off the park.
Ryan Day Blasts Former Notre Dame Coach Lou Holtz in Wake of Ohio State’s Stunning Win Over Notre Dame
Radzi nafi dakwaan lulus projek J-Qaf RM80 juta: Radzi Jidin menafikan tuduhan tular yang turut mengaitkan isterinya dalam projek percetakan buku J-Qaf.
Quick Glance: Airbnb's Impact on Cities: Popular with Tourists, but a Disruptor Worldwide
- Airbnb is highly popular among tourists, but it has a disruptive effect on cities worldwide.
- Airbnb and its smaller cousin Stayz have revolutionized travel, allowing tourists to live like locals - even if it's just a cosplay version of real life.
- Short-stay accommodations are extremely convenient, especially for families and large groups.
- As housing costs rise and the Airbnb effect displaces locals, governments face increasing pressure to address the disruptive effects of this model.
Quick Glance: Uyghur Researcher Receives Life Sentence in China
- China is accused of committing crimes against humanity against the Uyghur population and other predominantly Muslim ethnic groups in Xinjiang.
- Ms Dawut's secret trial took place in December 2018 in a Xinjiang court after her arrest the previous year for "splittism", a crime that endangers state security.
- Ms Dawut is an expert in Uyghur folklore and traditions and had been teaching at the College of Humanities at Xinjiang University before her arrest.
- She established the Ethnic Minorities Research Centre at the university in 2007 and conducted field research throughout Xinjiang.
The number of asylum seekers is increasing and the Union is putting ...
Dispute over migration
Quick Glance: Robert Habeck: Limit reached for accepting refugees
- Minister of Economics Robert Habeck sees a limit in the capacity for accepting refugees in Germany due to ongoing influx.
- Mayors and district administrators are at a loss in many places, according to Habeck.
- Right-wing populists attempt to make problems unsolvable through polarization, says Federal Minister of Economics Robert Habeck.
- However, Habeck considers the proposed limit on accepting refugees by Bavarian Minister-President Markus Söder (CSU) to be ineffective.
Quick Glance: Unclaimed NT$10 Million Special Prizes in Current Taiwan Receipt Lottery
- Eight NT$10 million (US$311,000) Special Prize winners and five NT$2 million Grand Prize winners have yet to redeem their receipts for the latest edition of the Taiwan receipt lottery.
- The Ministry of Finance (MOF) announced that there are still eight unclaimed Special Prizes and five unclaimed Grand Prizes from the May-June round that are still within the redemption period.
- The consumer who spent the least and won the most paid a delivery fee of NT$58 for a Foodpanda order.
- Among the five receipts that have yet to be redeemed for the Grand Prize are an NT$268 receipt from Books.com.tw, an NT$20 purchase of fresh food at a 7-Eleven in Taoyuan City's Bade District, and an NT$64 food purchase receipt from a 7-Eleven on Xinke Road in Taichung City's Xitun District.
Quick Glance: Teacher killed in fatal crash in St. Elizabeth
- The Savanna-la-Mar Primary School in Westmoreland is mourning the loss of a newly-hired teacher who died in a fatal crash on the Font Hill main road in St. Elizabeth on Friday morning.
- The deceased has been identified as 31-year-old Danielle Blake from Sandy Ground in St. Elizabeth.
- Blake was a Spanish teacher at the school.
- Both Blake and the taxi driver were seriously injured.
Quick Glance: Consequences of India's Murder Directive in Canada
- Western nations have tolerated the Indian government's abuse for too long.
- India has consistently objected to being grouped together with its violent and chaotic neighbor in the phrase 'Indo-Pakistan'.
- India has faced long-standing accusations of assassinating militants and dissidents within its own region.
- Reports suggest that Canada has shared intelligence about the murder with its allies in the 'Five Eyes' pact.
Recommended for you