Quick Glance: Police Raid Targets Reichsbürger Supporters in 8 States
- Raids conducted in 8 states related to the Reichsbürger movement
- Confiscation of weapons, firearms permits, and other items
- Suspected involvement in criminal organization and resistance against law enforcement officers
A 25-year-old man in Berlin is accused of brutally assaulting women on two consecutive days ...
In a hostel in Berlin
Quick Glance: Berlin: Arrest Made After Sexual Assault
- 25-year-old man accused of sexually assaulting a woman in Berlin.
- Man committed the act shortly after attacking a 78-year-old.
- Prosecutors released suspect due to lack of evidence.
- Other residents came to the woman's aid during the assault.
The trial was scheduled to last several weeks and ended after just a ...
Accused of tax evasion
Quick Glance: Shakira's Tax Evasion Trial: Key Details
- Shakira is accused of owing millions of euros in unpaid taxes in Spain, which is disputed by Spanish authorities.
- The Colombian singer, known for hits like 'Whenever, Wherever' and 'Hips Don't Lie,' will stand trial starting November 20 to defend against the accusations of tax fraud.
- Spanish prosecutors claim that Shakira primarily lived in Spain and should have paid taxes, only traveling abroad for professional commitments.
- The tax evasion charges against Shakira were filed in December 2018, with authorities alleging that she did not pay over 14.5 million euros from 2012 to 2014.
A 19-year-old and a 30-year-old are believed to be part of a group responsible for the emails containing ...
Nationwide bomb threats
Quick Glance: Suspects Identified: Details on Bomb Threats
- Bomb threats via email have increased at schools and public facilities since October.
- A nationwide series of bomb threats, including those against schools, has recently occupied the police.
- Two suspects have now been identified.
- Over 30 police operations were triggered by bomb threats in Germany.
Bundesliga soccer club Mainz 05 has terminated the contract with professional Anwar El Ghazi with immediate effect ...
Quick Glance: Mainz 05 terminates El Ghazi
- Mainz 05 terminates contract with Anwar El Ghazi.
- Investigation initiated for hate speech.
- El Ghazi denies the club's statement and response.
- El Ghazi joined Mainz 05 in September.
The second day of the defamation trial against the musician Gil Ofarim starts today ...
Gil Ofarim trial
Quick Glance: Gil Ofarim Faces Defamation Lawsuit
- Prosecution found no confirmation of Ofarim's account.
- Ofarim is facing defamation charges at the Leipzig court.
- After months of investigation, the prosecution concluded that the incident occurred differently.
- Defamation charges have been filed.
Because his arrest warrant is out of execution ...
"Sieg Heil" and Himmler order
Quick Glance: Arrest of AfD Politician Halemba
- AfD politician Daniel Halemba was elected to the Bavarian state parliament.
- Halemba has been arrested.
- Halemba will be presented to a judge in Würzburg on Monday or Tuesday, who can order pretrial detention.
- The prosecutor's office confirmed that it is Halemba.
Quick Glance: Corruption Probe: Costa Resigns as Portugal's Prime Minister
- Portugal's Prime Minister António Costa submits his resignation.
- The reason is a corruption probe involving Costas's chief of staff.
- President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa accepts Costa's resignation request.
- Five individuals, including Costa's chief of staff, have been arrested.
Quick Glance: Migration Policy: Facilitating Employment, Tougher Penalties for Smugglers
- Ban on employment for singles in initial reception facilities lifted after 6 months
- Relief for employers and municipalities through workforce
- Olaf Scholz aims to limit irregular entries to Germany
- Increased penalties for evading police controls in breakthrough cases
The Clooney Foundation for Justice has handed over research on alleged war ...
Limits of the principle of world law
Quick Glance: Germany considers charging Russian war criminals
- Clooney Foundation presents extensive evidence of war crimes in Ukraine
- 21 suspects identified, including commanders
- Victims and families represented by the Clooney Foundation
- Investigations and arrest warrants are sought
Asylum seekers are to be allowed to work in Germany more quickly in the future - namely ...
Quick Glance: More Job Opportunities for Asylum Seekers
- Faster access to the job market for asylum seekers and foreigners with tolerated status
- Easier and earlier work opportunities for asylum seekers in Germany
- Long-term prospects for all arrivals until the end of 2022
- No specific numbers on the additional workforce through the government's plans
After the inglorious end as editor-in-chief of the "Bild" newspaper ...
Suspicion of fraud against Reichelt
Quick Glance: Investigation against former 'Bild' editor-in-chief Reichelt closed
- Axel Springer filed a criminal complaint for suspected fraud
- Reichelt was reported by the media conglomerate in April
- Investigation continued independently
- Prosecutors doubt intention to deceive
Quick Glance: Indictment: Man Threatens Fani Willis and Sheriff in Georgia Case
- A man who threatened a prosecutor and a sheriff involved in the investigation of Donald Trump for election interference in Georgia was indicted in federal court.
- In a voice message for Sheriff Labat, the defendant threatened not to take a mug shot of 'my President Donald Trump.'
- The defendant also left a voice message for Ms. Willis, threatening her and referring to the Georgia case.
- The defendant is charged with transmitting threats across state lines to harm Ms. Willis and Sheriff Labat.
Ivanka Trump was originally also accused, but now she is only testifying in court as a ...
As a witness in court
Quick Glance: Ivanka Trump Testifies in Civil Fraud Case Involving Family Business
- Ivanka Trump (42) distanced herself from the family business as she appeared in a Manhattan court in connection with the civil fraud case against former president Donald Trump.
- She stated she was not involved in preparing the financial statements central to the case against Donald Trump.
- Donald Trump and his two eldest sons face allegations of inflating the value of their real estate to secure favorable bank loans and insurance terms.
- Although not a defendant, Ivanka Trump had to appear in court to testify due to a subpoena.
Shortly before the state election in Bavaria, the leaflet affair surrounding ...
Quick Glance: Investigation into Former Teacher in Flyer Scandal involving Hubert Aiwanger
- Prosecutors investigating former teacher of Hubert Aiwanger
- Investigation has been underway since early September
- Investigation initiated based on reports of the flyer scandal
- Report: Teacher at Aiwanger's school served as an SPD candidate
Quick Glance: Paris Stars of David graffiti: Foreign involvement investigation
- Dozens of blue Stars of David painted on buildings in and around Paris.
- Stars of David tagged on a wall in Paris on October 31, 2023.
- The daubing of dozens of Stars of David in Paris and its suburbs, widely condemned as anti-Semitic, may have been carried out at the 'express demand' of an individual residing abroad, the Paris prosecutor said.
- An investigating magistrate will now probe the intention behind the mass daubing of buildings with the stars.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!