In an interview with CNN's Kaitlan Collins, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel is getting closer to a "quantum leap" normalization ... Show more
Quick Glance: Netanyahu: Israel and Saudi Arabia Closer to 'Quantum Leap' Normalization Deal
- Netanyahu says it is 'likely' Israel will reach a normalization agreement with Saudi Arabia, marking a significant foreign policy shift for both countries.
- Such a deal has the potential to enhance Israel's acceptance in the Muslim world, particularly considering Saudi Arabia's role as the custodian of Islam's holiest sites.
- In 2002, Saudi Arabia proposed an 'Arab Peace initiative' offering Israel security and 'normal relations' with 57 Arab and Muslim countries in exchange for its withdrawal from occupied Palestinian territories and the creation of an independent Palestinian state.
- Netanyahu has made improving relations with Saudi Arabia a cornerstone of his premiership, although it is unclear what concessions toward Palestinians would be allowed by his right-wing coalition.
Quick Glance: Authorities Warn of 'Danger' of New Ukrainian Attack on Sevastopol
- Saudi Arabia Celebrates National Day 2023 with Weekend Party in AlUla's Oasis Valley
- New Era for Saudi Pro League: Unprecedented Growth and Global Fan Engagement
- Morocco Earthquake: Women Without Menstrual Care and Safe Hygiene
- Russian Peacekeepers Deliver Over 50 Tonnes of Food Assistance to Nagorno-Karabakh
Quick Glance: Biden and Netanyahu to Meet in N.Y., but No Long-Awaited White House Visit
- After almost a year in office, President Biden has not invited Benjamin Netanyahu to visit the White House.
- Netanyahu would be the first Israeli Prime Minister not to receive a White House visit in their first year.
- Netanyahu has a remarkable record of White House visits.
- The meeting in New York is unlikely to satisfy Netanyahu.
Saudi Arabia has sentenced a secondary schoolgirl to 18 years in jail and a travel ban for posting tweets in support of political prisoners ... Show more
Quick Glance: 'Sportswashing' Comments from Crown Prince Spark Anger from Rights Groups
- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman attends the G20 Leaders' Summit via videoconference.
- Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's response to 'sportswashing' accusations garnered attention.
- Human rights organizations criticized Saudi Arabia for using sports as a distraction from its human rights record.
- Why is Saudi Arabia investing billions in professional soccer?
Quick Glance: Oliver Kahn Criticized for Controversial Trip to Saudi Arabia
- Former Bayern boss Oliver Kahn visits Saudi Arabia, meets Ronaldo and Sadio Mané.
- Kahn visits Al-Nassr and concludes his trip.
- German football fans criticize Kahn's Saudi Arabia trip.
- Expert council works to realign the German national team.
Quick Glance: Excitement surrounds Ronaldo's arrival in Iran before the match
- Cristiano Ronaldo, captain of Al-Nassr, received a warm welcome in Iran
- The streets were filled with fans displaying welcome banners and pictures of Ronaldo
- Matches have been played on neutral ground since 2016
- The Saudi Pro League has become an appealing destination for European players
Quick Glance: Ronaldo's Visit to Iran Sparks Wild Scenes
- Al Nassr is the first Saudi team to travel to Iran since 2016
- After seven years in neutral locations, Saudi Arabia lifts its ban
- Saudi Arabia heavily invests in hiring world-class football talent
Quick Glance: Saudi Arabia's Energy Minister Defends Oil Production Cuts
- Prince Abdulaziz bin Salman defends lower production as crude nears $95 a barrel.
- Riyadh and Moscow announce extension of production and export cuts until the end of the year.
- The International Energy Agency expects a substantial deficit in global oil markets for the remainder of the year.
- Prince Abdulaziz criticizes the IEA and emphasizes caution in adjusting the cuts.
Leaders seeking south Yemen’s independence say they have been sidelined from talks between Saudi ...
Quick Glance: US Urges Saudi Arabia and UAE to Resolve Divisions over Yemen
- Senior delegation from Houthi group visits Riyadh for talks on ending the civil war.
- Saudi Arabia and UAE increasingly at odds as Riyadh seeks to assert itself as the region’s financial hub.
- Both countries led a military intervention in Yemen in 2015, but backed different anti-Houthi factions.
- Ending the Yemen war could help persuade sceptical members of the US Congress to ratify any such treaty.
Quick Glance: Why Aren't Buttered Sandwiches Popular in the US?
- A classic sandwich includes ham, cheese, and butter.
- American butter is often of lower quality and doesn't contribute much to the taste of a sandwich.
- European butter has a higher fat content and adds more flavor to sandwiches.
- Butter is not as popular in the US as in Europe, as Americans often prefer to use mayonnaise.
Quick Glance: Warning: Oil at 10-Month High Raises Fuel Price Concerns
- Brent crude breaches $95 per barrel, with predictions of shorter supplies.
- UK drivers now paying £1.55 per litre of petrol, £1.59 for diesel on average.
- US oil output from top shale-producing regions set to decline in October, reaching lowest level since May.
- Rising global oil prices could impact inflation in many countries.
Quick Glance: Fashion designer apologizes for Saudi flag miniskirt after criticism
- Designer Mowalola apologizes and removes the Saudi flag miniskirt from the collection.
- Fashion brand Mowalola withdraws the Saudi flag miniskirt after online criticism.
- The design of the miniskirt featuring the Islamic declaration of faith was deemed disrespectful on social media.
- Saudi Arabia has specific laws regarding the use of the flag.
Quick Glance: Saudi Arabia Supports Muslims in Jammu and Kashmir
- Saudi Arabia's Foreign Minister expresses support for the Muslim population in Jammu and Kashmir, emphasizing the preservation of their Islamic identity and dignity.
Quick Glance: USA stands to benefit from Mideast mega-deal - at what cost?
- The Biden administration is determined to achieve a "grand bargain" in the Middle East that includes the normalization of relations between Israel and Saudi Arabia.
- Despite experts' concerns about the timing, conditions, and current regional leadership, the Biden administration has made this diplomatic effort a foreign policy priority.
- Biden's aides have started briefing key lawmakers, particularly Democrats who have criticized Saudi Arabia's human rights record but whose support would be crucial for any agreement requiring congressional approval.
- Bringing together the military powerhouses Israel and Saudi Arabia could formalize cooperation against their mutual foe, Iran, which the US aims to contain.
Saudi Arabia is in early talks with U.S. electric automaker Tesla (TSLA.O) to set up a manufacturing ...
Quick Glance: Tesla and Saudi Arabia in Talks for Electric Vehicle Factory
- Saudi Arabia is in early talks with Tesla to establish a manufacturing facility in the kingdom.
- Saudi Arabia is offering Tesla the right to purchase metals and minerals from various countries.
- Tesla aims to sell 20 million vehicles per year by 2030.
Home to the two holiest cities in Islam and amid a modern-day revolution ...
Saudi Arabia’s 93rd National Day
Quick Glance: Saudi Arabia celebrates 93rd National Day with air and marine shows
- The Ministry of Defense announces marine and aerial shows in Saudi Arabia to celebrate the 93rd National Day. Military equipment will be showcased in exhibitions.
- The Saudi Falcons Aerobatic Team performs an aerial display in multiple cities to mark the National Day celebrations.
- Citizens across the Kingdom will have the opportunity to witness the Royal Saudi Navy's parades and shows in the East and the West fleets.
- The Jeddah Waterfront serves as the venue for a parade of naval vessels and special marine security boats, helicopter air shows, military parades, and a weapons and equipment exhibition.
+++ EIL +++ Unesco has designated the Jewish medieval heritage in Thuringia's state capital Erfurt as a new World Heritage Site ... Show more
Quick Glance: Erfurt receives World Heritage title
- The Old Synagogue, Mikveh, and Stone House are recognized as World Heritage.
- The Unesco Committee approves Erfurt's application.
- The Ancient Beech Forests in Hainich National Park were designated as World Heritage in 2011.
- Germany currently has 51 World Heritage sites.
Al Nassr 4 Al Ahli 3: The takeaways from a high-scoring game: It was yet another goal-fest in the Saudi Pro League on Friday night as Al Nassr edged past rivals ...
Quick Glance: Saudi Foreign Minister emphasizes importance of two-state solution
- Faisal bin Farhan, the Saudi Foreign Minister, holds a joint press conference with his Iranian counterpart in Riyadh.
- Prince Faisal bin Farhan al-Saud, the Saudi Foreign Minister, stated on Monday that there will be no resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict without an independent Palestinian state.
- "The two-state solution must come back to the forefront," he said in a statement to state TV.
- The remarks from the Saudi Minister come ahead of this year's United Nations General Assembly in New York, where world leaders will gather for a week of meetings and speeches.
Americans held for years in Iranian custody walked arm-in-arm off a plane into freedom as part of a ...
Quick Glance: Billion-Dollar Deal: Americans Freed from Iran in Prisoner Swap
- Iran made $6bn through exports, mainly of oil, to South Korea, but the money ended up in restricted accounts in South Korea after then-US President Donald Trump abandoned a landmark nuclear deal.
- As part of the prisoner swap deal, the US also released five Iranians.
- Released prisoner expresses gratitude towards US President Biden.
- We have just received news that the plane carrying the five American citizens freed from Iran will land in Doha shortly.
Quick Glance: Nooriyah Presents Arabic Music on the Dancefloor
- Arabic music has always influenced Western music and pop culture.
- Nooriyah's video series features Arabic songs that influenced music in other parts of Asia and South America, sparking discussions about similar rhythms, melodies, and spirit.
- She believes that Arabic music should naturally coexist with other genres.
- Nooriyah aims to showcase Arabic music on global stages and break the isolation of SWANA music.
Quick Glance: Oil price approaches $95 per barrel, keeping gasoline prices high
- Oil prices are nearing $95 per barrel as production cuts from Saudi Arabia and Russia continue to impact global markets.
- Other states with higher prices include Washington ($5.05), Nevada ($4.92), Hawaii ($4.80), and Oregon ($4.70).
- Despite the fall season typically bringing lower gas prices, concerns have been raised due to recent extensions of oil production cuts.
- The US has become the leading nation in oil production outside of OPEC+ this year, according to the IEA.
Quick Glance: Visa scandal shakes Poland
- The Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs is at the center of a bribery scandal involving the granting of Polish visas to foreigners.
- The scandal has gripped Polish public opinion since early September, resembling a true detective story.
- The issue at hand is a series of Polish work visas being granted more quickly in exchange for bribes.
- It all began on August 31 with the discreet dismissal of Piotr Wawrzyk, the deputy foreign minister responsible for consular affairs.
Ankara views Israel-Saudi normalization efforts "positively," according to reports by London-based website Middle East Eye www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-09-19/ty-article/turkeys-erdogan-reportedly-supports-possible-israel-saudi-normalization-agreement/0000018a-adef-dddd-a1aa-bfef2cb00000
Quick Glance: Trudeau and other Liberal PMs at fault if a Canadian Sikh is killed
- Trudeau has acknowledged that Canadian spies and cops are still pursuing evidence
- India cannot be unequivocally linked to the assassination of a Sikh separatist
- Canadian prime ministers are obligated to protect citizens in defense of sovereignty
Quick Glance: Record Low: U.S. Business Optimism Plunges on China Outlook
- Geopolitics and a slowing economy are fueling pessimism among U.S. businesses in China.
- The proportion of firms optimistic about their five-year outlook in the country has fallen to a record low.
- This marks the lowest level of optimism since the introduction of the AmCham Shanghai Annual China Business Report in 1999.
- China has criticized U.S. efforts to block its access to advanced technology, while U.S. firms express concerns about risky business practices, including fines and raids, in China.
Recommended for you