At Rosalynn Carter's memorial service Tuesday, her grandson Jason thanked the "remarkable sisterhood" — a rare gathering of all five current or ... Show more
Quick Glance: Rosalynn Carter's Funeral in Hometown
- Funeral held at Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains, Georgia
- Pastor Tony Lowden highlights her global humanitarian work
- Jimmy Carter leaves hospice to attend the memorial service
- Family and friends share affectionate stories and anecdotes
Quick Glance: Biden Calls Out Boebert as Leader of 'MAGA Movement' in Colorado
- Biden singles out Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) as a leader of the 'MAGA movement' during his visit to her congressional district.
- Biden visits wind tower manufacturer CS Wind in Pueblo, Colo., emphasizing Boebert's role in the 'MAGA movement'.
- Biden mentions Boebert as one of the leaders of the extreme 'MAGA movement' and highlights her voting record against the IRA.
- Biden joins CS Wind workers on stage, emphasizing the positive impact of the company on the population, including in Boebert's district.
Quick Glance: Rare Sumatran Rhino Calf Born in Indonesia
- A rare Sumatran rhino calf was born in Way Kambas National Park in Indonesia.
- The rhino is a welcome addition to a species that currently numbers fewer than 50 animals.
- It is the second rhino born in the country this year.
- The Indonesian government emphasizes its commitment to rhino conservation in Indonesia, especially for the Sumatran rhino.
Quick Glance: Comer Rejects Public Hearing for Hunter Biden
- Comer stated that Democrats would be 'yelling and screaming' at a public hearing with Hunter Biden.
- Over 10,000 pages of documents regarding Hunter Biden’s financial transactions with enemies worldwide have been obtained.
- Hunter Biden's attorney proposed a public hearing in response to a subpoena but was denied.
- Comer denied the request to make the December testimony public but offered to do so after the private deposition.
Quick Glance: Police Officer Charged with Taser Incident on 95-Year-Old Woman
- A police officer in New South Wales has been charged with manslaughter after a 95-year-old woman with dementia was shocked with a Taser and fell in a nursing home.
- The charges against a 33-year-old officer who allegedly Tasered the woman have been upgraded on the advice of the public prosecutors.
- The officers found the woman alone in a treatment room with a knife and spent several minutes trying to persuade her to drop it before resorting to using the Taser.
- The incident has sparked outrage from the woman's family, the rural community, and Australian civil liberties advocates, who called for an investigation into the police use of force.
The elephant Mali spends her entire life in a concrete enclosure at the ...
Animal rights activists raise allegations
Quick Glance: Lonely Elephant Mali Dies After 40 Years
- Mali, the elephant that lived alone in a Manila zoo for over 40 years, described by animal rights activists as 'one of the world's saddest elephants', died on Tuesday (Nov 28).
- Manila Mayor Honey Lacuna announced in a video message on Facebook that Vishwa Ma'ali - the elephant's full name - passed away at 3:45 pm.
- Mali was the star attraction at Manila Zoo.
- Mali was sent as a gift from Sri Lanka to then Philippine First Lady Imelda Marcos in 1977.
Quick Glance: Trump's Request for Disclosure of Covert Investigators
- Trump is demanding the disclosure of all covert investigators within a five-mile radius of the Capitol during the events on January 6.
- According to Donald Trump's lawyers, undercover agents hiding among Trump supporters should have stopped the events on January 6.
- Trump's lawyers are requesting information on undercover agents to demonstrate that it was the security forces, not Trump, who could have stopped the Capitol invasion.
- The presence of undercover agents or informants would indicate a failure of controls and/or covert operations, as argued by Trump's lawyers.
Quick Glance: Israel to Investigate Hamas Report on Kidnapped Baby's Death
- Israeli army to verify Hamas claim of three hostages, including a baby, dying in Israeli airstrikes.
- Hostages' family demanded immediate release and appealed.
- German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier visiting Qatar to discuss hostages.
Quick Glance: Sweden Backs Finland's Border Closure with Russia
- Sweden supports Finland's measures to protect the border with Russia and sees it as an attack by Russia on the EU.
- Hundreds of asylum seekers have arrived from Russia at border points between Russia and Finland in recent weeks.
- Some of the asylum seekers have had their claims rejected or withdrawn.
- Finland has already closed almost all border crossings with Russia and is prepared to close the last crossing if necessary.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!