Quick Glance: US Imposes Travel Ban on Extremist West Bank Settlers
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken announces travel bans for extremist Jewish settlers in the West Bank.
- The bans are a response to a series of attacks on Palestinians in the occupied West Bank.
- The measure was announced after a warning to Israel about attacks by the Biden administration.
- The US is calling on Israel to hold extremist settlers accountable and take action to prevent further attacks.
Quick Glance: Netanyahu's Dilemma: Tunnel Conflict to Eradicate Hamas?
- Netanyahu faces a crucial decision: whether to send Israeli troops into the tunnel network below Gaza, which could have major political consequences.
- Entering the tunnel network in Gaza would change the dynamics of the war, giving Hamas a strategic advantage in underground warfare.
- Israeli troops would face enormous challenges due to a lack of information about the tunnels and the potential threats posed by booby traps and ambushes set by Hamas.
- Israel is considering alternative strategies such as using poison gas or flooding the tunnels with seawater to gain an advantage over Hamas fighters.
Quick Glance: The Legacy of Henry Kissinger's Diplomacy
- Understanding the subtle interplay between interests, values, and the use of force remains relevant
- Many perceive him as the foremost advocate of an amoral realism that stains America
- However, Mr. Kissinger was distinguished not only by his Realpolitik, but also by the idealism that permeated his diplomatic practice
- Today, this means preserving peace between China and America
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken pledged support ...
Quick Glance: Venezuelans Approve Takeover of Oil-Rich Region in Guyana
- Venezuelans voted overwhelmingly to approve the takeover of an oil-rich region in Guyana, escalating a long-standing territorial dispute.
- The area in question, the densely forested Essequibo region, comprises about two-thirds of Guyana’s national territory and is roughly the size of Florida.
- The referendum aimed to create a Venezuelan state in the Essequibo region, provide its population with Venezuelan citizenship, and incorporate that state into the map of Venezuelan territory.
- Although the vote’s result was widely expected within Venezuela, its practical implications are likely to be minimal, with the creation of a Venezuelan state within the Essequibo a remote possibility.
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken is urging Israeli ...
Quick Glance: Blinken Calls on Israel to Uphold International Law
- Blinken reaffirms U.S. support for Israel’s right to self-defense.
- He emphasizes the importance of compliance with international humanitarian law and the protection of civilians in Gaza.
- Blinken urges accountability for settler extremists and the resumption of the peace process.
- Netanyahu remains silent on settler violence or a two-state solution after the meeting with Blinken.
Today on Reuters World News podcast: @SecBlinken says Israel should 'do everything possible' to protect civilians in Gaza, says there's a gap between Israel's ... Show more
reuters.com: 401: 6573655ba3f90
Quick Glance: Biden Jokes: Billy Crystal Honored at Kennedy Center
- White-haired De Niro, 80, looks at Crystal and Biden, 81, grins.
- The audience stands, turns to the US president, and applauds in solidarity.
- Biden praises Crystal as 'the American showman with a heart of gold'.
- Crystal hopes Biden is reelected because the alternative is 'a little scary'.
Quick Glance: Military Pursues Suspects After Bombing
- Police pursue suspects after bombing at Catholic Mass in Mindanao State University in Marawi
- Islamic extremists claim responsibility for bombing
- Foreign governments express condolences and condemn explosion
- Military suspects retaliatory attack for operations against extremist groups in Mindanao
Quick Glance: US Supports Guyana Amid Border Dispute
- US announces joint flight drills to emphasize support for Guyana’s sovereignty.
- The long-standing dispute over the oil-rich Essequibo region escalated as Venezuela rejected the ICJ’s jurisdiction and backed the creation of a new state.
- The US embassy in Georgetown revealed plans for joint flight operations with the Guyanese military by the US Southern Command.
- Growing concerns across South America of tensions escalating into military confrontation.
Israel has resumed its bombing campaign, and has also ...
Israel-Gaza live news
Quick Glance: Israel-Gaza: Heaviest Israeli Strikes Since Start of War
- Palestinians are moving to central parts of Khan Yunis, Gaza due to heavy Israeli attacks following the end of the week-long ceasefire.
- Air strikes continue for the second day after the ceasefire deal, with Israel hitting over 400 targets since fighting resumed on Friday.
- Residents in Khan Younis say Israel has carried out the heaviest bombing on the southern Gaza city since the war began. The Hamas-run health ministry reports nearly 200 people killed in the latest Israeli strikes, surpassing 15,200 deaths since the start of the war.
The U.S. secretary of state went to Israel as part of a diplomatic push to ...
Israel-Hamas War News
Quick Glance: Gaza Conflict: Israel Resumes Operations Against Hamas
- Israeli forces gather on the Gaza border
- Truce between Israel and Hamas appears to have expired
- Israeli defense system intercepts rocket from Gaza Strip
- Israel and Hamas prepare for resumption of operations
Quick Glance: NATO: Russia Suffers Massive Losses in Ukraine
- NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg reports massive losses of Russian troops in Ukraine.
- Ukraine still needs support.
- Stoltenberg warns against expecting the losses to quickly end the war.
- Stoltenberg acknowledges Ukraine's successes in defending against the invaders.
Texas claims US State Department funds tech that censors conservative news
reuters.com: 401: 6570fba200398
Amid questions over Western resolve, Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken and other diplomats stressed their ...
Quick Glance: NATO Urges Continued Support for Ukraine
- Stoltenberg urges NATO members to continue supporting Ukraine in its battle against Russia.
- The US has provided over $40bn in security aid to Ukraine and pledged to back Kyiv for as long as necessary.
- Recent pledges from Germany and the Netherlands worth $11bn show NATO's commitment to supporting Kyiv.
- Ukraine's Foreign Minister will lobby for continued NATO backing at the summit despite concerns over the future of Western support.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!