Quick Glance: Excitement surrounds Ronaldo's arrival in Iran before the match
- Cristiano Ronaldo, captain of Al-Nassr, received a warm welcome in Iran
- The streets were filled with fans displaying welcome banners and pictures of Ronaldo
- Matches have been played on neutral ground since 2016
- The Saudi Pro League has become an appealing destination for European players
Quick Glance: American prisoners arrive in US after exchange
- Exchange facilitated by release of frozen Iranian funds
- Negotiations mediated by Qatar led to the swap
- Americans departed Iran while Iranians arrived in the US
Quick Glance: Billion-Dollar Deal: Americans Freed from Iran in Prisoner Swap
- Iran made $6bn through exports, mainly of oil, to South Korea, but the money ended up in restricted accounts in South Korea after then-US President Donald Trump abandoned a landmark nuclear deal.
- As part of the prisoner swap deal, the US also released five Iranians.
- Released prisoner expresses gratitude towards US President Biden.
- We have just received news that the plane carrying the five American citizens freed from Iran will land in Doha shortly.
A year after Mahsa Amini’s death in police custody ignited fierce anti-government ...
Mahsa Amini Profile
Quick Glance: Remembering Mahsa Amini: One Year After Her Death in Iran
- Protesters display signs with Mahsa Amini's face.
- A year after Mahsa Amini passed away in police custody, her family reflects on the young woman known as Jina.
- Mahsa Amini, or Jina as she was called by her family and friends, was a quiet and reserved individual.
- The Amini family finds solace in the fact that their daughter's death has inspired Iranians to seek change.
GOP presidential candidates excoriated President Biden over his ...
GOP hopefuls bash Biden over Iran prisoner swap
Quick Glance: US Allows Billion Dollar Transfer for Iran Prisoner Exchange
- Illustration depicts Iran
- Transfer of 6 billion dollars in Iranian funds from South Korea to Qatar permitted.
- Transfer of 6 billion dollars and prisoner exchange could occur next week.
- Waiver applies to select financial institutions under primary jurisdiction of Germany, Ireland, Qatar, South Korea, and Switzerland.
US-Iran detainee swap deal to go ahead today: The deal will remove a major irritant between Washington and Tehran.
Leadership expert Anne Morriss doesn't ...
Harvard-trained expert shares how to 'move fast and fix things'
Quick Glance: Expert shares tips for fast action and problem-solving
- Mark Zuckerberg's motto 'move fast and break things' inspired a whole generation of entrepreneurs.
- Harvard Business School expert Anne Morriss criticizes the advice and recommends 'move fast and fix things'.
- Acting quickly can lead to overlooking mistakes, but it is achievable, according to Morriss.
- Building trust is crucial for successfully fixing mistakes and avoiding damages, emphasizes Morriss.
Quick Glance: Iran, US Near Prisoner Swap Through Qatar-mediated Deal
- $6 billion of Iranian funds will be transferred to banks in Qatar, triggering the release of detained US dual nationals in Iran and Iranian prisoners in the US.
- The specific prisoners to be swapped have not been disclosed.
- Iran will purchase food and medicine, with Qatar making the payment directly.
- Negotiations, led by Qatar, started in March 2022, focusing on the nuclear issue and later on prisoners.
Iran’s Raisi sees no obstacle to restoring ties with Egypt: Relations between Egypt and Iran have generally been fraught in recent decades.
Recommended for you