Is The Brussels Times a reliable source?
This is how independent third parties assess the credibility and media bias of this source.
The Brussels Times scores a total of 1 Plus Point and 0 Minus Points in our evaluation of journalistic quality.
This corresponds to a score of 55* resp. the grade C (satisfactory).
*: (1 + 5 BP) * 100 / (1 + 5 BP + 0 + 5 BP)
The breakdown of the points follows below.
This corresponds to a score of 55* resp. the grade C (satisfactory).
|very good||A+||> 89|
|A||89 - 84|
|A-||83 - 79|
|good||B+||78 - 74|
|B||73 - 69|
|B-||68 - 63|
|satisfactory||C+||62 - 58|
|C||57 - 53|
|C-||52 - 47|
|sufficient||D+||46 - 44|
|D||43 - 40|
|D-||39 - 37|
|poor||E+||36 - 33|
|E||32 - 30|
|E-||29 - 26|
The breakdown of the points follows below.
News from reputable sources that might interest you
The Pogues' Shane MacGowan Mourned by Thousands at Funeral: Thousands mourned the Pogues' Shane MacGowan at a funeral in Ireland.
Quick Glance: Shane MacGowan: Tribute and Farewell in Tipperary
- A photo of the late Irish singer Shane MacGowan is displayed on the day of his funeral procession in Tipperary.
- The acclaimed songwriter and lead vocalist of The Pogues passed away last week at the age of 65, leading to hundreds gathering both inside and outside the church in Nenagh to bid him farewell.
- Siobhan MacGowan expressed that she believes Shane would have appreciated the send-off as a fitting tribute to her brother.
- Renowned for his Christmas song 'Fairytale of New York', Shane MacGowan would have celebrated his 66th birthday on Christmas Day.
Texas Supreme Court pauses lower court's order allowing pregnant woman to have an abortion
Texas Supreme Court pauses lower court's order allowing woman's emergency abortion
Federal judge prohibits separating migrant families at US border for 8 years: A federal judge is prohibiting the separation of families at the border for ...
Quick Glance: Federal Judge Blocks Family Separation at US Border for 8 Years
- A federal judge has prohibited the separation of families at the border for eight years to deter immigration.
- A court settlement in October between the Justice Department and families represented by the American Civil Liberties Union was tentatively approved.
Biden job approval hits new low, Trump takes lead in hypothetical 2024 matchup: WSJ poll
George Conway Trolls Donald Trump After Hunter Biden Indictment: President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, was indicted on Thursday for tax evasion and filing a ...
Quick Glance: Hunter Biden Indicted on 9 Tax Offenses
- Court documents reveal: Hunter Biden indicted on nine tax offenses, including three felony counts.
- Charges include allegations of failure to pay taxes, failure to file tax returns, evasion of assessments, and submission of fraudulent forms.
- Indictment claims defendant spent millions on an extravagant lifestyle instead of paying taxes. Charges brought by special counsel David Weiss.
- White House declined to comment, referred NBC News to Hunter Biden's attorneys and the Justice Department.
Biden pledges $8.2B for first U.S. high-speed rail system, new rail corridors - UPI.com
Quick Glance: Investment Boost for High-Speed Rail Network
- Three billion US dollars for Brightline West, a proposed high-speed rail line from Las Vegas to Southern California, were announced this week by the White House.
- Two high-speed rail projects in Nevada and California are receiving significant financial support from Washington.
- The Biden administration has pledged over 6 billion US dollars in federal funding for high-speed rail to close the gap between the US and other developed nations in fast and reliable passenger services.
- The allocated funds will be used for the construction of a 171-mile segment between Merced and Bakersfield in California's Central Valley.
Trump tops Biden head-to-head by 4 points in new poll: Only 37 percent approved of Biden’s job performance while 61 percent expressed unfavorable views of the ...
UN Security Council: USA blocks resolution for ceasefire in Gaza Strip: The humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip is dramatic. That's why the UN Secretary ...
Biden launches a Hollywood fundraising blitz to tap into star power with strikes over
Taylor Swift’s ‘Eras Tour’ is first concert tour to gross $1 billion: Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour is the first tour to cross the billion-dollar mark ...
Quick Glance: Taylor Swift's 'Eras Tour' Breaks $1 Billion Mark
- According to Pollstar's 2023 year-end charts, Taylor Swift's Eras Tour is the first tour to cross the billion-dollar mark.
- Swift's Eras Tour was not only the No. 1 tour worldwide and in North America, but she also brought in an incredible $1.04 billion and sold 4.35 million tickets across 60 tour dates.
Gaza: An Israeli victory would offer a chance for reason to return: After the October 7 massacre, the Israeli army in Gaza pursued the strategy of disarming ...
Ousted former Speaker Kevin McCarthy endorses Trump for president in 2024: The ousted speaker said he and Trump are "very honest with one another."
Quick Glance: Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy to Leave Congress
- Former Speaker of the House, Kevin McCarthy, is leaving the House of Representatives in Washington
- McCarthy, 58, announced in a Wall Street Journal column that he will be leaving Congress after holding and then losing the role of speaker for nine months
- His departure could hamper the party's hopes of retaining the majority next year, as he played a significant role in helping Republicans take control of the House in 2022
- Although representing a safe Republican district in California, his departure will further narrow the already slim Republican majority early next year as Congress tries to avert a partial government shutdown in mid-January
'I'm a mom': How parenting is playing into the 2024 GOP race: How Nikki Haley has tapped into the perfect equation as a 2024 GOP presidential candidate and a ...
Trump's campaign is distancing him from allies who have sketched out plans for a second term
Trump's Capitol Hill allies push part of his 2025 agenda: Trump's MAGA loyalists on in Congress aim to turn many of his campaign-rally talking points into law.
‘GTA VI’ Has Already Sparked a Bizarre Moral Panic Fit For Our Age : A moral panic around a new Grand Theft Auto? We are so back.
Tennis legend Chris Evert announces return of ovarian cancer: Tennis legend Chris Evert announced the return of her ovarian cancer in a statement Friday.
Quick Glance: Chris Evert Faces Second Cancer Diagnosis
- Former US tennis player Chris Evert announces second cancer diagnosis.
- Evert will take a break from ESPN's coverage of the Australian Open for chemotherapy.
- The announcement comes 11 months after Evert declared herself cancer-free, following her January 2022 diagnosis.
- Evert, 68, is one of tennis' most accomplished players and will undergo a second round of chemotherapy.
FBI called in to help Cyprus investigate Russian sanctions dodging - ICIJ: The U.S. has deployed a team of experts to aid Cypriot authorities' response to ...
Quick Glance: FBI Assists Cyprus in Investigating Russian Sanctions Violations
- A team of US financial experts is aiding Cyprus in probing suspected Russian sanctions violations following an ICIJ investigation.
- Increased US interest in Cyprus sanctions cases comes after strong reactions from European lawmakers and others to ICIJ's probe.
- Cyprus Confidential exposed how allies of President Vladimir Putin used the country to hide billions of dollars of assets, even after Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- Cypriot President Nikos Christodoulides pledged to investigate everything that has come to light and sought input from overseas sanctions experts.
US places rare visa travel restrictions on Israeli settlers implicated in West Bank violence
Taylor Swift Spills Tea On Rerecording, Getting Canceled In Time Person Of The Year Profile
Elon Musk's War on Disney Intensifies: On Thursday morning, Elon Musk called out Disney CEO Bob Iger in an onslaught of posts he made on X, formerly Twitter.
Quick Glance: Elon Musk Urges Disney CEO's Immediate Resignation
- Elon Musk, Tesla owner, called for the immediate resignation of Disney's CEO on Thursday.
- Musk made a statement on X, expressing the need for the CEO to resign immediately.
- In a separate tweet, Musk questioned Disney's decision not to withdraw its advertising from Meta after New Mexico sued the social media giant over allegations of child sexual abuse protection failures.
- Disney representatives did not promptly respond to Axios' inquiry.
Scholz at the party conference: “With no dismantling of the welfare state”: At the SPD federal party conference, Chancellor Scholz invoked the solidarity of his ...
Quick Glance: Scholz: No Reduction of the Welfare State
- Chancellor Scholz emphasizes the unity of the SPD at the federal party conference.
- He assures that the budget crisis will not lead to a reduction of the welfare state.
- Scholz speaks before 600 delegates on the second day of the conference in Berlin.
- He counters the growing right-wing populism with confidence.
U.N. Secretary-General Demands a Cease-Fire in Gaza: The United States has signaled that it will block the effort.
Quick Glance: UN Chief Urges Cease-Fire in Israel-Hamas War: Live Updates
- UN Security Council considers draft resolution for cease-fire in Gaza after Secretary-General's urging
- Secretary-General exercises rare authority to demand humanitarian cease-fire
- Israel reveals luxury spending by Hamas leader's son to illustrate gap with Gaza residents
- Israeli forces increase pressure on Hamas, highlighting rocket fire from humanitarian zone
UN resolution failed: US vetoes ceasefire in Gaza: The US had demanded changes to the draft, including a condemnation of Hamas attacks. Meanwhile ...
White leucistic alligator, one of only seven known to exist, born at Florida reptile park
Massive Russian rearmament: Inspector General Breuer: "It should worry us all": The inspector general is concerned. The Bundeswehr is “not yet sufficiently ...
Texas attorney general petitions state supreme court after woman who sued the state was granted permission for an abortion
Trump lawyer says he will take stand in fraud trial regardless of gag order: Former President Trump’s attorney Alina Habba claimed Friday that her client would ...
Private railway Brightline: First US high-speed train to connect Los Angeles with Las Vegas
Kamala Harris breaks record for most tiebreaking Senate votes by VP: Harris broke a nearly 200-year-old record.
Quick Glance: Kamala Harris Sets VP Record for Most Senate Decisions
- Kamala Harris has shattered the record for most Senate decisions with 32 votes in just two and a half years.
- Harris plays a crucial role in a closely split Senate.
- The vice president serves as president of the Senate and has the right to cast deciding votes.
- Harris has also cast deciding votes for two major priorities of the Biden administration.
GOP Senate candidates soften abortion stances ahead of 2024: Republican candidates in states that will determine Senate control have quietly shifted their ...
Who are the I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here 2023 final four?: I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here 2023 is down to its final four contestants.
Quick Glance: Meet the I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here 2023 Final Four
- Sam Thompson, Tony Bellew, Nigel Farage, and Josie Gibson make up the final four of the 2023 season.
- The group will take on the infamous celebrity cyclone in their final weekend in the Australian jungle.
- Before entering the Jungle, Sam Thompson from Made in Chelsea expressed his excitement about participating in the show he's been watching since childhood.
- Despite controversy, Farage made it to the final four, while Bellew admitted his fear of snakes and spiders and shared why he stopped boxing while in the camp.
Brazil’s Haddad Expects 50-Point Interest Rate Cut, Valor Says: Brazilian Finance Minister Fernando Haddad said he expects the nation’s central bank to cut its ...
Brenda Lee's "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" gets Billboard No. 1: Lee's latest No. 1 is record-setting.
Applesauce lead poisonings in kids grow, renewing questions on FDA oversight : A Washington Post investigation found that states are examining nearly 120 cases ...
The British Conservatives’ crisis over Rwanda is a rerun of Brexit: The Tory party has turned a niche policy into an existential matter. Sound familiar?
Biggest bankruptcy in four years: FC Bayern Munich goes down horribly in Frankfurt
One in five young Americans think the Holocaust is a myth: Our new poll makes alarming reading
Kentucky woman approximately eight weeks pregnant files lawsuit challenging state’s abortion bans
Quick Glance: Legal Action for Abortion Rights in Kentucky
- A woman in Kentucky is demanding the right to have an abortion through a legal action.
- The ban on abortions in Kentucky violates the rights of the plaintiff.
- Jane Doe, about eight weeks pregnant, wants to have an abortion in Kentucky.
- She is seeking class-action status to include other Kentuckians who desire to have an abortion.
Ryan O'Neal, 'Love Story' and 'Paper Moon' actor and big star of the 1970s, dies at 82
Quick Glance: Hollywood Star Ryan O'Neal Dies at 82
- Ryan O'Neal, 1970s film star, dies at 82.
- Known for relationship with Farrah Fawcett and criticized as a bad parent.
- Daughter Tatum described years of abuse in her memoir.
- Recognized for his appearance and early fame by critics and colleagues.
N.J. man sentenced to 8 years in prison after video showed him harassing Black neighbors with racial slurs
Quick Glance: Mount Laurel Man Sentenced to 8 Years in Racial Intimidation Case
- Edward C. Mathews, 47, was sentenced by Judge Gerard H. Breland to at least four years in prison after harassing and threatening his Black neighbors.
- The charges included racial insults, placing feces on the victims' property, sending threatening emails and letters, and shooting their cars with BB pellets.
- Mathews had a history of terrorizing Black neighbors and HOA members, and was eventually sentenced after challenging his neighbors in a viral video.
- Despite complaints to the police, the confrontations escalated, and Mathews begged for leniency in court after his wife filed for divorce and sold their townhome, resulting in the loss of all his possessions and 2 1/2 years in jail.
Colin Kaepernick, African art: AP African American studies reworked amid controversy
Where can the traffic light save?: “Pension would be the right adjustment screw”: In view of the budget crisis, politicians from the Union and the FDP are ...
CDC issues travel advisory for Mexico, citing ‘Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever’: The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) issued a travel advisory for Mexico Friday ...
Billionaire GOP donor endorses Haley, says Trump’s time has ‘come and gone’: Home Depot co-founder and billionaire Ken Langone put his support behind GOP hopeful ...
The Best Spy Thriller on Television Just Keeps Getting Better: Slow Horses stands head and shoulders above the competition, and its third season is its best to ...
Tillis touts $1B for Richmond-Raleigh rail line, thanks Buttigieg: The Biden administration pledged $1 billion for a new rail connection between Richmond, Va. ...
Tesla Cybertruck's stiff structure, sharp design raise safety concerns -experts: The angular design of Tesla's (TSLA.O) Cybertruck has safety experts concerned ...
Quick Glance: Tesla Cybertruck's Safety Concerns Raised by Experts
- Tesla store shows new Cybertruck in California.
- Six safety professors and officials express concerns about the stiff stainless-steel exoskeleton of the Cybertruck and its potential danger to pedestrians and cyclists.
- Experts need crash test data to make informed conclusions about the safety of the Cybertruck.
- Elon Musk expressed confidence that the Cybertruck will be safer for occupants and pedestrians than other trucks.
Portland is once again among the top 15 most ‘fun’ cities in the U.S., study says
The Carinthian fought for second place with a strong second round and only lagged behind the Swiss Marco Odermatt. #orfsport #orfsportaktuell
Quick Glance: Alpine Skiing: Odermatt Wins in Val d'Isere
- Swiss superstar Marco Odermatt wins giant slalom ahead of Marco Schwarz.
- Debutant Noel Zwischenbrugger surprises with 13th place as replacement for Joshua Sturm.
- Odermatt achieves 25th World Cup victory, 15th in giant slalom, with a significant lead.
- Noel Zwischenbrugger earns valuable points in debut race, finishing just behind Schwarz.
Trump gag order is partially upheld in Jan. 6 case: A federal appeals court panel has preserved most of a gag order on former President Donald Trump in his ...
Quick Glance: Court Preserves Trump Speech Restrictions
- A federal appeals court has preserved most of a speech restriction on former President Donald Trump in his election interference case.
- The court ruling would allow Trump to make public statements about the special counsel in the case, but not about other prosecutors, court staffers, or their family members if those remarks aim to interfere with their work.
- The appeals court ruling preserves the restrictions on Trump and other parties in the case from disparaging likely witnesses in the election interference case because of their expected testimony.
- The court stated that Trump does not enjoy unfettered rights to free speech like other criminal defendants.
SPD party conference indirectly calls for suspension of the debt brake: In the coalition dispute over the 2024 federal budget, the SPD is pushing for the debt ...
Quick Glance: Survey: German Economists' Views on Debt Brake
- German economists are divided on the debt brake: Half support retention, while the other half favors reform or abolition.
- German economists hold diverse views on the debt brake, reflecting a strong interest in potential reforms.
- A large majority of economists support the retention of the debt brake, while a significant portion favors reforms or abolition.
- The diversity of opinions among economists regarding the debt brake reflects a wide range of arguments for and against its retention.
Harvard president apologizes for remarks on campus antisemitism: Harvard University’s president apologized as pressure mounted for the University of ...
Wikipedia's reliability was often criticized in the 2000s but has improved over time; in the late 2010s and early 2020s, it was universally praised. Any positive mention of a source in the extract of a Wikipedia page in terms of credibility and quality gets a plus point, and vice versa.
Media Bias/Fact Check
Media Bias/Fact Check (MBFC) is an American fact-checking website founded in 2015. It uses a 0-10 scale to rate sites on two areas: bias and factual accuracy. A source rated by MBFC with minimal bias gets 10 plus points. Maximum bias gets 10 minus points. The same principle applies to factual accuracy.
- MBFC-rating was not found.
We primarily use fact-checkers affiliated with the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN). We have linked to the International Fact-Checking Network fact-checkers' code of principles in the headline. For each failed fact-checker there is one minus point.
- There are no failed fact checks to date.
Journalism prizes are awards for excellent journalistic work in the period covered by the call for entries, which is usually one or two years. Sources receive one plus point for each journalistic award won that we track. We currently track up to three prestigious awards per country.
- There are no journalism awards won to date.
Press Council Rulings
Press councils are national institutions of media self-regulation. Press councils have their own defined press code. Reprimands are issued in the event of a violation of the press code (e.g. for truthfulness, diligence, sensationalism, separation of advertising and editorial, personal rights). For each reprimand issued by a national press council, a source receives one minus point.
- There have been no press council rulings against the source to date.
Most scientific publications, though not all, rely on some form of peer review or editorial review to qualify texts for publication. Sources mentioned in studies which rate media quality and/or reliability receive between 10 plus and 10 minus points.
- There are no evaluations of studies available to date.
Ad Fontes Media
Ad Fontes Media, Inc. is a media watchdog organization based in Colorado that is best known for its Media Bias Chart, which ranks media sources based on political bias and reliability. We combine their ratings of individual articles and episodes to create a weighted average, with low-rated items increasingly weighted higher.
- Ad Fontes Media rating was not found.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!