The actor, famed for his role as drug dealer Jimmy Corkhill in ...
'British soap icon'
Quick Glance: Brookside Actor Dean Sullivan Passes Away at 68
- Sullivan played Jimmy Corkhill in Brookside from 1986 to 2003, becoming the longest-serving cast member and a British soap icon.
- Born and educated in Liverpool, Sullivan starred in Brookside during its peak, regularly drawing audiences of eight million.
- In 2003, Sullivan won the British Soap Award for outstanding achievement for his 17-year role as Jimmy in the Mersey TV soap.
- Jimmy was Brookside's longest-serving character, with Sullivan filming more episodes than any other actor.
Jevon Hirst, Harvey Owen, Wilf Fitchett and Hugo Morris were all ...
Quick Glance: Tragedy in North Wales: Four Teens Killed in Car Accident
- Four teenagers, Jevon Hirst, Harvey Owen, Wilf Fitchett, and Hugo Morris, drowned near the village of Garreg in Gwynedd.
- The brief hearing revealed that the provisional cause of the teenagers' deaths was drowning.
Quick Glance: Fresh Israeli Airstrikes on Gaza as Hamas Ceasefire Expires
- Following the expiration of a temporary ceasefire with Hamas, Israel conducted numerous airstrikes across the Gaza Strip.
- Reports from Palestinian media indicated Israeli air and artillery strikes throughout the Gaza Strip after the ceasefire lapsed.
- Confirmation was provided that the Israeli military deployed its jets to target Hamas locations in Gaza.
- According to reports, areas near the Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis and a residence in Gaza City were impacted by the attacks.
Quick Glance: Pogues Frontman Shane MacGowan Passes Away at 65
- The frontman of The Pogues, Shane MacGowan, has passed away at the age of 65.
- In recent years, MacGowan had been battling various health issues and was recently treated for an infection in Dublin.
- Thanks to the 1987 hit Fairytale Of New York, the Irish star will forever be associated with the festive season.
- MacGowan was known as a punk rebel and for his excessive lifestyle, which also took a toll on his health.
Quick Glance: Jamie Lynn Spears leaves I'm A Celebrity in shocking exit
- Singer and actress Jamie Lynn Spears has left the Australian jungle camp for medical reasons.
- Last week, she threatened to quit after becoming emotional due to missing her children.
- On Monday, she informed her campmates that she has left the camp for medical reasons.
Quick Glance: 10-month-old Held Captive or Missing in Gaza
- At 10 months old, Kfir Bibas symbolizes the suffering of Israel’s hostage families, spending over a fifth of his life in captivity.
- Over 50 days after being abducted by Hamas militants from their home in southern Israel, Kfir’s family still has no information about his safety or well-being.
- Kfir, his 4-year-old brother Ariel, their mother Shiri, and presumably their father Yarden were kidnapped from the Israeli kibbutz Nir Oz during a devastating attack by Hamas militants on October 7.
- Hamas held over 200 hostages in Gaza prior to negotiations with Israel, including Kfir and his family.
Quick Glance: Israel Crisis: Hostage Return, Truce Expiration
- Three of the released hostages hold German citizenship
- Qatar disclosed additional details on the exchanged hostages
- A Foreign Ministry spokesperson emphasized the urgent release of the remaining hostages
- Hamas released four Thai nationals and two Russians on Wednesday
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!