At Rosalynn Carter's memorial service Tuesday, her grandson Jason thanked the "remarkable sisterhood" — a rare gathering of all five current or ... Show more
Quick Glance: Rosalynn Carter's Funeral in Hometown
- Funeral held at Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains, Georgia
- Pastor Tony Lowden highlights her global humanitarian work
- Jimmy Carter leaves hospice to attend the memorial service
- Family and friends share affectionate stories and anecdotes
Quick Glance: Elon Musk attacks X advertisers
- Elon Musk speaks in an interview at the DealBook Summit.
- The billionaire apologized for a potentially antisemitic post.
- In an interview with the BBC in April, Musk expressed optimism about the return of advertisers.
Christopher Nolan praised Zack Snyder's "Watchmen," calling the 2009 ...
Quick Glance: Christopher Nolan Praises Zack Snyder's 'Watchmen'
- Christopher Nolan praises Zack Snyder's 'Watchmen' for pushing the boundaries of superhero films.
- Nolan calls the film 'ahead of its time', especially compared to Marvel's 'Avengers'.
- Snyder discusses 'Justice League' and emphasizes his deep commitment to the Snyder Cut.
- Snyder considers adapting 'Elektra Lives Again' or 'The Dark Knight Returns' within the 'Daredevil' or 'The Dark Knight' universe.
Quick Glance: The Loss of Charlie Munger
- Renowned billionaire Charlie Munger has passed away at the age of 99.
- His death was officially announced by Berkshire Hathaway.
- As vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, Munger was a pivotal figure for the company.
- His legacy leaves a lasting impact on the world of investments.
Quick Glance: Comer Rejects Public Hearing for Hunter Biden
- Comer stated that Democrats would be 'yelling and screaming' at a public hearing with Hunter Biden.
- Over 10,000 pages of documents regarding Hunter Biden’s financial transactions with enemies worldwide have been obtained.
- Hunter Biden's attorney proposed a public hearing in response to a subpoena but was denied.
- Comer denied the request to make the December testimony public but offered to do so after the private deposition.
Quick Glance: Trump's Request for Disclosure of Covert Investigators
- Trump is demanding the disclosure of all covert investigators within a five-mile radius of the Capitol during the events on January 6.
- According to Donald Trump's lawyers, undercover agents hiding among Trump supporters should have stopped the events on January 6.
- Trump's lawyers are requesting information on undercover agents to demonstrate that it was the security forces, not Trump, who could have stopped the Capitol invasion.
- The presence of undercover agents or informants would indicate a failure of controls and/or covert operations, as argued by Trump's lawyers.
BREAKING: A lawyer for Donald Trump told investigators that she warned the former president that not complying with a subpoena to return all classified ... Show more
Quick Glance: Trump Warned: Comply or Face Criminal Charges
- Attorney Jennifer Little warned Trump of potential criminal charges if he failed to comply with a subpoena for classified documents at Mar-a-Lago.
- Special counsel Jack Smith accused Trump of knowingly violating the law by hiding over 100 classified documents and submitting a false certification to the FBI.
- Another attorney, Evan Corcoran, also emphasized the importance of complying with the subpoena, warning that authorities might search the Mar-a-Lago estate if Trump didn't comply.
- Little tried to impress upon Trump the seriousness of the situation and emphasized the difference between the Justice Department's subpoena and previous demands from the National Archives.
Reich got just 11 games with Carolina before becoming the latest coach ...
Quick Glance: Carolina Panthers Turmoil: Owner Fires Coach Again
- Carolina Panthers team owner David Tepper has once again fired the team's coach.
- Following Carolina's 17-10 loss to Tennessee on Sunday, dropping to an NFL-worst 1-10 record, Tepper dismissed head coach Frank Reich.
- Panthers special teams coordinator Chris Tabor will serve as the interim head coach for the remaining six games of the season.
- Having had six head coaches (including interims) since purchasing the team in 2018, Tepper is evidently impatient and incapable of hiring good football coaches.
Republican presidential candidate Chris Christie said Tuesday that he will not sign a law enacting a ...
Quick Glance: Christie Criticizes 6-Week Abortion Ban
- Christie refuses to sign the 6-week abortion ban
- He believes there is no consensus on a national abortion ban
- Haley's statement supporting the 6-week abortion ban at the state level
- Christie thinks this affects Haley's chances in a general election
Quick Glance: Monica Lewinsky Calls for Ban on Presidential Self-Pardons
- In an op-ed in Vanity Fair, Lewinsky called for six constitutional amendments, including a ban on presidential self-pardons.
- Lewinsky quoted constitutional law professor Neal Katyal, who warned about the potential danger of former President Trump returning to the White House.
- She also advocated for unspecified age limits for elected officials without naming President Biden directly.
- Legal scholars have been discussing the issue of presidential self-pardons for some time.
Quick Glance: The Reality of Homeownership in Florida
- Homeownership in Florida presents unique challenges.
- Florida is a hot state with sleepy beach towns and retirement communities.
- Florida was named the fastest-growing state in 2022.
- Prospective buyers should be aware of the challenges of homeownership in the land of eternal summer.
President Joe Biden will try to turn congresswoman Lauren Boebert of ...
Quick Glance: Biden Calls Out Boebert as Leader of 'MAGA Movement' in Colorado
- Biden singles out Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) as a leader of the 'MAGA movement' during his visit to her congressional district.
- Biden visits wind tower manufacturer CS Wind in Pueblo, Colo., emphasizing Boebert's role in the 'MAGA movement'.
- Biden mentions Boebert as one of the leaders of the extreme 'MAGA movement' and highlights her voting record against the IRA.
- Biden joins CS Wind workers on stage, emphasizing the positive impact of the company on the population, including in Boebert's district.
Quick Glance: Koch Group Backs Haley's 2024 Presidential Run
- Conservative political network led by Charles Koch endorses Nikki Haley for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
- Group prioritizes defeating Donald Trump in the Republican primaries, believing he would lose to President Joe Biden.
- Koch-affiliated Super PAC, Americans for Prosperity Action, will support Haley with campaign funds and thousands of staffers nationwide.
- Internal group polls show Haley in the best position to defeat Trump in the Republican primaries.
Quick Glance: Christie's Accountability for Islamophobia and Antisemitism Rise
- Chris Christie attributes part of the rise in antisemitism and Islamophobia across the country to Donald Trump.
- Christie recently visited Israel.
- The Post reached out to the Trump campaign for a comment.
- Despite his current third place, Christie remains optimistic about his chances, drawing parallels to the late Sen. John McCain's position in 2008.
Quick Glance: California Democrat Moves to Force Vote on Santos' Expulsion After Ethics Report
- Garcia forced a vote on Santos' expulsion following the release of the Ethics Committee report.
- The current expulsion effort has the greatest chance of success after several skeptical lawmakers agreed to vote to oust Santos.
- The Ethics Committee found 'substantial evidence of potential violations of federal criminal law' by Santos.
- Efforts to expel Santos began after the long-awaited Ethics report was released.
Sunday should begin the Joe Flacco era in Cleveland, writes Mary Kay Cabot. Do you agree? More: l.cleveland.com/flaccostart Photo: Matt Starkey, Cleveland Browns
Quick Glance: Joe Flacco as First-Team Quarterback for Browns Amid Uncertainty
- The Browns may turn to their fourth quarterback of the season and consider a former world champion.
- Joe Flacco is taking reps as the first-team quarterback for Cleveland, as reported by Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Quick Glance: Machine Gun Kelly Offers Travis Kelce $500K for Team Swap
- Machine Gun Kelly offers Travis Kelce $500K to play for the Cleveland Browns
- During a call on the Kelce brothers' New Heights podcast, Machine Gun Kelly said he'd offer 'everyday breakfast and coffee delivery from my restaurant'
- Kelly also promised $500,000 upon arrival and a donation to their high schools, as well as daily breakfast and coffee from his restaurant
- Travis Kelce admitted that the idea of playing for the Cleveland Browns was his original dream
Quick Glance: Report: Pence's Hesitation to Preside Over Jan. 6 Electoral Count Revealed
- Mike Pence initially did not want to preside over the count of electoral votes on Jan. 6, 2021, amid pressure from Trump to overturn the election results.
- Investigations by special counsel Jack Smith show that Pence left personal notes indicating his initial reluctance to preside over the count of electoral votes.
- Pence told investigators that his loyalty to Trump never wavered at the time.
- Pence was also questioned about his recent memoir, detailing conversations with Trump about certifying the votes, including an investigation into the placement of a comma in one section of the book, which Pence deemed a mistake.
Quick Glance: Paris Mayor Condemns X as 'Global Sewer'
- Elon Musk attends AI Safety Summit at Bletchley Park.
- The mayor of Paris announces resignation from X, formerly Twitter, calling it a 'gigantic global sewer' that undermines democracy and peaceful debate.
- Anne Hidalgo criticizes Twitter for contributing to the destruction of democracies and dominating public debate with irrelevant facts.
- She condemns 'its owner' for intentionally exacerbating tensions and conflicts and describes life on Twitter as the opposite of democratic.
Quick Glance: Judge: Tesla, Musk Aware of Autopilot Defect
- Florida judge found 'reasonable evidence' that Tesla CEO Elon Musk and other managers knew about the automaker's defective Autopilot system and still allowed unsafe driving.
- Plaintiff in lawsuit over fatal crash allowed to proceed to trial and bring punitive damages claims against Tesla for intentional misconduct and gross negligence.
- Setback for Tesla after winning product liability trials in California earlier this year over Autopilot driver assistant system.
- Evidence found that Tesla engaged in marketing strategy painting products as autonomous, and Musk's public statements had significant effect on belief about product capabilities.
Quick Glance: Tragic Death of Official at Ron DeSantis' Office
- Governor Ron DeSantis appointed Peter Antonacci in 2022 to head a new office to combat election fraud.
- Following a heated meeting, the top election fraud officer collapsed in the governor's office and went unnoticed for 24 minutes before receiving help.
- An in-depth investigation reveals more about the circumstances of Antonacci's death and his prior conflict with some of the state's top officials.
- Despite claims that Antonacci died after an argument, the records do not mention the governor.
Quick Glance: Israel to Investigate Hamas Report on Kidnapped Baby's Death
- Israeli army to verify Hamas claim of three hostages, including a baby, dying in Israeli airstrikes.
- Hostages' family demanded immediate release and appealed.
- German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier visiting Qatar to discuss hostages.
Quick Glance: Critics Slam Tommy Tuberville for New U.S. Military Insult
- Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) under fire for insulting U.S. military on Monday evening.
- Critics point out that U.S. military weakness is not due to 'wokeness'.
- Tuberville's latest comments about weakened U.S. military faced immediate backlash.
- Tuberville obstructs 300+ military appointments while speaking negatively about our military.
Quick Glance: Biden Criticizes Trump and GOP
- The president criticized Republicans and former President Trump for actions that could jeopardize the supply chain, including undoing his achievements and seeking to replace ObamaCare.
- The president announced 30 actions to improve access to medicine and economic data.
- The council is to strengthen the supply chain during the 2023 holiday season, following significant issues during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Biden referenced a Truth Social post from Trump in the meeting, in which the former president revived calls to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act if he wins the 2024 election.
Quick Glance: Schumer Warns Against Unwittingly Aiding Antisemitism
- The country's highest-ranking Jewish official cautions against unwittingly embracing bigotry in the name of social justice.
- The Senator warns that some liberals and young people are aiding and abetting antisemitism amid Israel's fight against Hamas.
- The division between progressives and mainstream Democrats extends to the debate over military aid to Israel.
- The Senator emphasizes that vitriol against Israel and Jews in the US has crossed into widespread antisemitism.
Quick Glance: Can a Climate Summit in an Oil State Make a Difference?
- This year's United Nations (UN) climate change meeting is set to occur in Dubai from November 30 to December 12.
- The hosts of the world's most crucial climate conference are the United Arab Emirates (UAE) - ranking among the top ten oil producers globally.
- The intention of the UAE to leverage climate negotiations before COP28 for oil and gas deals has raised concerns.
- Can a summit in one of the world's wealthiest oil states truly result in significant actions against climate change?
Quick Glance: Tesla files lawsuit against Sweden over strikes
- IF Metall Stockholms län chairman Emma Hansson supports strike
- Tesla sues Transport Agency for unfair treatment
- 130 staff at Tesla repair shops demand better working conditions
- Eight other unions target Tesla in sympathy with the repair workers
Two Republican county supervisors in Arizona have been indicted for stalling ...
Quick Glance: Charges Filed Against Arizona Officials for Election Interference
- Indictment accuses two Cochise County supervisors of meddling with the state vote count.
- Election conspiracy theories rampant in the county.
- Peggy Judd and Tom Crosby pushed for a manual vote recount in heavily Republican Cochise County, Arizona.
- Two Arizona Republican county supervisors indicted for felony charges related to delaying the 2022 election results certification.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!