Quick Glance: US to Provide Long-Range ATACMS Missiles to Kyiv - Media Reports
- According to media reports, Ukraine will receive ATACMS missiles with a range of up to 300 km.
- This would allow Kyiv to target Russian positions deep behind the front line.
- President Biden reportedly informed Ukrainian President Zelensky that Kyiv would receive 'a small number' of ATACMS missiles.
- The US and Ukraine have not officially confirmed the American media reports.
Quick Glance: Trump blames Biden's 'ridiculous all-electric car hoax' for UAW strike
- Former President Trump criticizes Biden administration's electric vehicle policy, claiming that the president's 'ridiculous all-electric car hoax' is responsible for the United Auto Workers strike against major automakers.
- Republicans attribute the strike to Biden administration's EV policy, stating that efforts to encourage electric vehicle production have displaced jobs from UAW strongholds in the Midwest and weakened the union.
- The UAW shares similar concerns, citing EV policy as the main reason for not endorsing Biden's reelection campaign yet.
- However, UAW President Shawn Fain stated that the union will never endorse Trump.
Quick Glance: Harris Leads New Office for Preventing Gun Violence
- Vice President Kamala Harris plays a leading role in gun safety policy.
- President Joe Biden officially announces the new office on Friday during a Rose Garden event with invited advocates and lawmakers.
- Harris guides the office, according to a statement from the White House.
- The new Office of Gun Violence Prevention will have a crucial role in implementing President Biden’s and my efforts to reduce violence within the bounds of the law and also to encourage collaboration among Congressional leaders, state and local leaders, and advocates to build upon the significant progress we have made in saving lives.
Quick Glance: White House prepares for government shutdown as House Republicans lack a viable plan
- Speaker Kevin McCarthy announces that the House will start voting on the latest plan next week.
- The White House is preparing to direct federal agencies to get ready for a shutdown after House Republicans left without a realistic plan to fund the government and avoid disruptive consequences.
- A federal shutdown after September 30 appears likely unless Speaker Kevin McCarthy can convince his rebellious, right-wing faction to approve a temporary funding measure to prevent closures during ongoing talks.
- The standoff with House Republicans over government funding jeopardizes various activities, including military and law enforcement personnel pay, food safety and aid programs, air travel, and passport processing, potentially causing havoc in the US economy.
Quick Glance: The West's Modi Challenge
- The US and its allies view India as a key economic and diplomatic partner.
- The images of the Indian Prime Minister leading the world's most powerful people at the G20 summit have strengthened Modi's domestic image and highlighted India's global rise as a diplomatic and economic power.
- According to the Financial Times, Biden and other western leaders expressed concerns about Canada's allegations to the Indian leader during the summit.
- These countries have placed their geopolitical bet on India, specifically on Modi.
Quick Glance: Free COVID Tests by Mail Starting Monday
- California-based iHealth is among 12 US manufacturers receiving government investment to offer free tests by mail before the winter COVID season.
- Starting Monday, September 25, the government will send up to four free COVID-19 rapid tests per household to those who request them.
- Many programs that provided free COVID testing, treatment, and vaccinations to Americans ended when the pandemic emergency designation expired.
- The Department of Health and Human Services is now investing $600 million in COVID test manufacturing through its Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response.
Quick Glance: Biden establishes office for gun control
- President Biden advocates for gun safety laws
- Vice President Harris oversees the office for gun control
- Thousands of people die each year in the US due to gun violence
- Democrats support stricter gun laws to reduce violence
HAPPENING NOW: Pres. Joe Biden and Vice Pres. Kamala Harris deliver remarks on gun safety. trib.al/lJNPf7k
Quick Glance: New Office for Gun Violence Prevention Established in the White House
- Vice President Kamala Harris will lead the new office and collaborate with leading gun safety advocates.
- The office will implement existing safety laws and work with states.
- Establishing a new office for gun violence prevention has been a long-standing goal for violence prevention groups.
- The office will focus on bringing together political leaders and advocates to build upon the progress that has been made.
The Biden administration is in talks with Vietnam over an agreement for the ...
Quick Glance: Exclusive: Biden Representatives in Talks with Vietnam for Arms Deal That Could Annoy China
- US President Biden visits Vietnam
- Negotiations for historic arms transfer between the US and Vietnam
- Possible sale of F-16 fighter jets to Vietnam
- Deal could escalate tensions with China and sideline Russia
Quick Glance: Biden administration grants protection to hundreds of thousands of Venezuelans amid border pressure
- The Biden administration is granting temporary legal status to hundreds of thousands of Venezuelans already in the country.
- The Homeland Security Department plans to grant Temporary Protected Status to an estimated 472,000 Venezuelans who arrived by July 31, 2023.
- This will make it easier for them to get work authorization to address the increased number of migrants.
- Accelerated work permits do not apply to those who cross the border illegally and seek asylum.
PM #NarendraModi has invited U.S. President #JoeBiden to be the chief guest at the 2024 #RepublicDay celebrations. Watch for more
Quick Glance: Modi invites Biden to India's 2024 Republic Day celebrations
- Indian Prime Minister Modi invites US President Biden to the celebrations on January 26, 2024
- Invitation to India's Republic Day
- Modi and Biden will participate in the celebrations
- Strengthening India-US relations
Quick Glance: US Senator Menendez Indicted for Bribery
- Indictment unsealed against chair of powerful foreign relations committee and his wife
- Menendez, Democratic senator from New Jersey, allegedly accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes
- He is accused of using his influence to benefit the Government of Egypt
- Further allegations include attempting to disrupt a criminal investigation
Quick Glance: Polish Politics Shaped by 'Ukraine Fatigue'
- Poland provides leading military assistance to protect Poland from Russian aggression.
- The change in tone of the Polish government regarding Ukraine is surprising.
- There is discussion about the importance of Ukraine's gratitude for Polish support.
- Andrzej Duda compared Ukraine to a drowning man endangering his rescuers.
Quick Glance: Biden launches American Climate Corps, inspired by the New Deal
- President Biden pledged to create the Climate Corps during his first week in office.
- A program aimed at engaging young climate activists.
- The American Climate Corps is based on a program that provided employment to millions during the Great Depression.
- According to President Biden's climate policy advisor, Ali Zaidi, the program has broader goals beyond addressing the climate crisis.
Quick Glance: US supports proposed multinational force in Haiti with $100 million
- The people in Haiti are in urgent need of support.
- Haitian Prime Minister Ariel Henry emphasizes the urgency and the need for police and military.
- It is crucial for the Security Council to authorize the mission as soon as possible.
- The support mission will not replace political progress.
Quick Glance: No Labels in Arizona: Democratic Concerns about Biden Spoiler
- Over 15,000 people in Arizona have registered to join a new political party supporting a potential bipartisan 'unity ticket' against Joe Biden and Donald Trump.
- In Arizona, which Biden won by about 10,000 votes, the state Democratic Party sued Secretary of State Adrian Fontes, also a Democrat, in an attempt to prevent No Labels from appearing on the ballot.
- Richard Grayson described it as a kind of performance art and promptly endorsed Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris after switching to No Labels.
- In Arizona, Biden was endorsed by former Republican Senator Jeff Flake and Cindy McCain, the widow of Senator John McCain - a lifelong Republican who publicly clashed with Trump.
As climate activists from around the world gather in New ...
“Stop Financing Fossil Fuels”
Quick Glance: Thousands Demand End to Fossil Fuels in New York
- Tens of thousands rally in New York, calling for urgent action against climate change.
- The rally, known as the March to End Fossil Fuels, kicks off New York's Climate Week.
- Organizers estimate that approximately 75,000 people attended the event.
- We demand that the government declare a climate emergency.
Quick Glance: US judge denies blocking Biden rule on social investments
- A federal judge in Texas rejected the attempt by 25 states to block a Biden administration regulation that allows employee pension plans to consider environmental, social, and governance issues when making investment decisions.
- The judge refused to block the regulation, which went into effect on January 30.
- The judge granted the Biden administration's request to dismiss the lawsuit filed by Republican-led states, claiming that the regulation would jeopardize the retirement savings of millions of Americans.
- The Biden administration stated that the regulation was necessary to remove inappropriate restrictions on ESG investments imposed by the Trump administration, as issues such as climate change and social justice can impact a company's long-term financial health.
Despite Tuberville delay, U.S. Senate confirms 2 nominees for Joint Chiefs of Staff - UPI.com
Quick Glance: Zelenskiy thanks Canada for aid in war against Russia
- Canada has committed over CAD 8 billion in aid to Ukraine since 2022.
- Zelenskiy expresses gratitude for Canada's support with weapons and equipment.
- Canada will provide substantial macroeconomic support in 2024.
- Ottawa imposes additional sanctions on 63 Russian individuals and entities.
Suddenly it becomes clear what is behind the Ukrainian attack on the ...
Quick Glance: Ukraine breaks through final Russian defense line
- Clarity emerges behind the attack on the headquarters of the Russian Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol.
- The USA promises Ukraine a limited number of ATACMS missiles.
- Recent events in the war against Ukraine.
- Ukraine breaks through the final Russian defense line in Zaporizhia.
Recommended for you